This is a fantastic opportunity to join The Avenues Youth Project as our Fundraising Manager with a focus on Trusts and Foundations.
The Avenues is an exceptional community youth centre. Located in North Westminster it serves one of the most deprived inner-city neighbourhoods in the UK. Through a stimulating range of programmes our team of qualified youth workers provide support, opportunity and hope to local children and young people aged 8 to 18.
The Avenues has established strong links across the youth sector in West London, and we are recognised by Westminster City Council as one of three key youth hubs in the borough. We constantly strive for the highest quality and hold London Youth’s Gold Award for Excellence.
The Avenues has been changing lives for over 40 years; this is an opportunity to join and support a superb team of practitioners and staff united in the belief that every child has a right to essential opportunities, no matter their background.
The purpose of this role is:
- To forward plan funding streams to ensure a smooth and regular flow of income that meets The Avenues’ budget.
- To develop existing and new relationships with funders in order to maximise immediate and long-term income for the organisation and its various projects.
- To write compelling proposals and applications that secure significant income from trusts and foundations, co-ordinating input from across The Avenues team.
- To research and identify new prospects with a view to securing medium and large grants for The Avenues.
Deadline for applications is 26th November 2021 12pm.
1. Your up-to-date C.V. (Word or PDF). This should include contact details of
two referees. Please also include any social media details that you are happy
for us to review. We will not take up references prior to interview.
2. A supporting statement that explains how your skills, experience and personal
qualities make you suitable for the role, using specific examples where
appropriate. Your supporting statement should be a maximum of 500 words.
Also, please confirm that you are entitled to work in the UK.
Please email your application with the subject “Fundraiser application: [your name]” to our Jobs Desk email stated in the Recruitment Pack.