Community Engagement Lead (Maternity Cover)
Responsible to: Business Development Director
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire with travel as part of the role.
Hours: 22.5 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend work
Salary: £21000 per annum FTE
Contract: Fixed Term Maternity Cover (13 months)
- To develop and coordinate a community engagement and fundraising programme engaging with a wide range of people to raise awareness, increase our supporter base and generate income that enables Baca to achieve its Vision, Mission and Values.
- To expand and deepen the commitment of both existing and new community supporters in line with the Baca vision and strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a proactive and committed member of the team that seeks to lead on the implementation of Baca’s Community Engagement and Fundraising Strategy and its continuous development, in order to achieve our Vision and Mission in line with our Values.
- To actively participate in the development and the delivery of our communication strategy that ensures stories of hope, outcomes achieved by young people and opportunities to get involved are communicated in line with our Values.
- Work in close partnership with supporters, partner organisations, agencies and volunteers, ensuring excellent relationships are maintained and new ones are built and mobilised, through digital and in-person means.
- Lead on delivery of excellent supporter experience through long term stewardship.
- Work closely with the Leadership Team and the Volunteer Team to ensure the community engagement is developed and the organisations’ proportion of income generated from donations, individuals, CSR, crowdfunding and community activities, etc. are increased, to meet income targets.
- Research, develop, initiate and co-ordinate ideas for a number of key community engagement and fundraising events, including partnership events, in line with our strategic plan and fundraising strategy.
- Proactively work with all team members to gather young people impact information and case studies to be used appropriately in external communication
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure all income generated are accounted for accurately in line with finance policies.
- Analyse and evaluate all community engagement and community fundraising activities to ensure maximum impact.
- Keep abreast of charity law and abide by the Charities Act, Fundraising Regulator and General Data Protection Regulation in all community engagement and fundraising activities.
- Be a role model, leading by example in practicing the Values of Baca.
- Play an active and supportive role within the organisation
- Take ownership of all administrative aspects of the role.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to work undertaken and ensure all confidential material is stored according to Baca’s Confidentiality statement and Data Protection Policy.
- Treat all staff and young people fairly and without prejudice, in line with Baca’s Equality and Diversity policy
- Be adept in employing the correct procedures for dealing with any safeguarding incidences or concerns, in line with Baca’s Child, Vulnerable Adult Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- Adhere to all Baca’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, in line with the needs of the team.
Alongside applying through CharityJob, please go on our website and fill in an application form. Expressions of interest can only be taken forward with a completed application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.