To actively participate in Baca’s vision to see a world where young force migrants are welcomed, feel safe and have hope to rebuild their lives for a better future. To support this vision by providing effective and efficient administrative support for the Finance and HR functions of the organisation. The role will also have other general administrative responsibilities alongside the finance and HR responsibilities.
Baca is looking for someone who can help the organisation with the finance and HR administration. The role does include other general admin responsibilities. The successful applicant will be motivated and passionate about the work that Baca does and the young people in our care. They will be able to subscribe Baca’s values and demonstrate them in their behaviours. They will be very organised, practical, and able to get on with tasks that need doing on a day to day basis, managing a varied and busy workload. They will be methodical, follow processes, pay attention to detail and able to deal with a variety of paperwork. They will be very approachable and enjoy working as part of a team and supporting others.
The successful applicant will have a personal style that is in line with Baca’s vision and values. Someone who is supportive, approachable, responsible, reliable and personable.
- Experience of providing administrative support for an organisation is desirable.
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping experience preferable but not essential.
- Strong ability to use computers well, Microsoft Office and on-line email systems.
- Experience of using Sage or other finance function (including Payroll function) is desirable.
- Experience of prioritising workload to meet competing deadlines and in a flexible way to the changing demands of Baca’s work.
- Advocate of customer care including experience of dealing with a range of customer queries and concerns in a professional manner.
- Excellent personal organisation with a high attention to detail. Able to manage a number of tasks at any one time.
- Good teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with staff, contractors and visitors to the office and other properties.
- Commitment to work within the aims, values and ethos of the organisation.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
- Have a genuine concern for and commitment to asylum seekers/refugees, young people and UASCs in particular.
- Ability and commitment to work within a framework of confidentiality and anti-discriminatory practice at all times.
Please download Job Description for more details. Enhanced DBS check will be required. Interviews will be on Monday the 9th of March 2020.