NEW ARRIVAL SUPPORT WORKER & RESIDENTIAL VOLUNTEER (Male) - 2 Roles
Responsible to: Support Team Manager
Location: Based in Baca main office and at home for newly arrived young people in Loughborough. There will be travel throughout Loughborough and Leicester. The role may require travel to wider areas of the East Midlands and the UK.
Hours: 25 hours per week – evening and weekend work with daytime shifts
Salary Band: £18,500 to £22,000 per annum pro rata
Benefits in kind: Rent-free accommodation, including Wifi, gas, electric and council tax bills.
- To provide support and care to the young people who are newly arrived in the country, providing the foundations for them to rebuild their lives with dignity, strengthen their resilience and inspire hope for their futures.
- To partner with social workers and representatives from other agencies, for the benefit of the young people.
This work is essential in enabling us to deliver our therapeutic support for all areas of a young person’s life.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a support worker for newly arrived young people who are in the care of Baca in all areas of the young person’s life, supporting them from first arrival through to their move to semi-independence.
- To welcome new arrivals into the accommodation and communicate basic information about the house, making them feel safe and able to rest; with compassion without discrimination of age, race, colour or behavioural issues.
- To enable young people to achieve the following outcomes increased physical wellbeing, increased emotional wellbeing, improved personal safety, increased social engagement and increased engagement with education, employment and training.
- To enable young people to live with positive values and good boundaries.
- To be a proactive role model for the young people, enabling them to learn day to day living skills and helping them integrate positively with the local community.
- Training young people in living skills such as washing, cleaning, cooking and safety, food shopping and budgeting; proactively and intentionally in line with the Baca independent living preparation plan.
- Helping young people settle into a routine which will include education and social activities.
- Work in close partnership with social workers and other professionals and volunteers to provide a holistic development package for each young person enabling them to become independent.
- Maintaining very good communication with relevant members of the Rebuild Team and relevant social workers through regular appropriate reporting.
- To work collaboratively with the rest of the Rebuild Team to ensure all young people are safeguarded and supported to rebuild their lives.
- Complete and update all admin work as part of the role such as month end reports and support plans on time and in a consistent manner.
- Playing an active role in developing knowledge and understanding in areas relevant to the role and especially in the areas of asylum and refugee law, trafficking, supporting separated children and the cultures of different nations relevant to Baca.
- Be a role model, leading by example in practicing the Values of Baca.
- Play an active and supportive role within the organisation
- Take ownership of all administrative aspects of the role.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to work undertaken and ensure all confidential material is stored according to Baca’s Confidentiality statement and Data Protection Policy.
- Treat all staff and young people fairly and without prejudice, in line with Baca’s Equality and Diversity policy
- Be aware of the correct procedures for dealing with any safeguarding incidences or concerns, in line with Baca’s Child, Vulnerable Adult Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- Adhere to all Baca’s policies and procedures.
Further information is available in the recruitment pack on our website.
The closing date for application is the 15th of August 2021 at 5pm. The role will require an enhanced DBS. Interviews will be week commencing the 12th of July 2021.
Start Date for the role is 1st of September 2021.
Please submit a completed application form which is available on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.