Responsible to: Operations Manager
Location: Baca office, Loughborough, England. The role requires some travel in Loughborough and Leicester.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £16500 to £18000 per annum
To provide administrative support to the organisation, ensuring information, supplies and premises are available and at a standard that will enable staff and young people to thrive to become positive and empowered individuals living as net contributors to society.
- Providing administrative support to the teams within Baca including management of files and paperwork, and the taking of meeting minutes.
- Communicating and building relationships with contractors, residential volunteers and landlords as required, ensuring repairs and maintenance happen when planned.
- Covering required housing and office maintenance.
- Ensuring all first aid, stationary, cleaning, office and kitchen supplies for both houses and the office are well stocked and storage rooms are tidy and ordered.
- Providing support in the setting-up or closing down of properties and finding suitable new properties for rent or purchase.
- Administering the keys system including copying and distributing keys for new properties and replacement locks.
- Supporting young people moving in and out of Baca properties and ensuring the rooms are ready for new young people.
- Administering residential cover set up and set down process for all properties and maintaining regular communication with residential volunteers to ensure the properties provide a safe home for all residents.
- Providing the administrative support required for maintaining the ISO quality standard.
- Conducting Health & Safety risk assessments and completing the associated administration.
- Managing inventories and conducting year-end Fixed Assets verification.
- Providing administrative support for the recruitment and induction processes.
- Play an active and supportive role within the organisation.
- Embrace the Vision and Values of Baca and reflect this in working practice.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to work undertaken and ensure all confidential material is stored according to Baca’s Confidentiality statement and Data Protection Policy.
- Treat all staff and young people fairly and without prejudice, in line with Baca’s Equality and Diversity policy.
- Be aware of the correct procedures for dealing with any suggested incidences of safeguarding concerns and to follow them, in line with Baca’s Child, Vulnerable Adult Protection & Safeguarding Policy.
- Adhere to all Baca’s policies and procedures.
Baca is looking for someone who can help the organisation with general administration as well as support the day-to-day functioning of the properties where young people are housed. The successful applicant will be motivated and passionate about the work that Baca does and the young people in our care. They will be very organised and practical, able to get on with daily tasks independently and to manage a varied and busy workload. They will be approachable and enjoy working as part of a team and supporting others. The successful applicant will need access to transport as the role requires travel between the properties that Baca manages, including the transportation of items to the properties.
The successful applicant will have a personal style that is in line with Baca’s vision and values. Someone who is supportive, approachable, responsible, reliable and personable.
- Strong ability to use computers, with experience in Microsoft Office and on-line email systems.
- Experience of prioritising workload to meet competing deadlines.
- Advocate of customer care including experience of dealing with a range of customer queries and concerns in a professional manner.
- Excellent personal organisation with a high attention to detail. Able to manage a number of tasks at any one time.
- Good teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with staff, contractors and visitors to the office and other properties.
- Enjoys working under pressure.
- Ability to work to deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the changing demands of Baca’s work.
- Ability to complete basic practical tasks in relation to house maintenance.
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
- Have a genuine concern for and commitment to asylum seekers/refugees, young people and UASCs in particular.
- Ability and commitment to work within a framework of confidentiality and anti-discriminatory practice at all times.
- Commitment to work within the aims, values and ethos of the organisation.
- Ability to have flexibility with working hours to facilitate occasional out-of-hours access for contractors.
- Holds a full, clean driving licence and has regular access to a personal vehicles.