Responsible to: Chief Executive
Location: Cambridgeshire with regular travel to Baca Office in Loughborough and Leicestershire
Responsible for: Cambridge Service Delivery Team
Hours: 37.5 hours per week including evening and weekend work
Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum
- To take the lead in establishing and leading the delivery of our holistic therapeutic young people’s service in Cambridge. Through this service we aim to empower unaccompanied asylum seeking young people, some of whom are victims of trafficking, with dignity, strength and hope - inspiring them to become individuals who are net contributors to society.
- To partner with social workers, representatives from other agencies, community groups and voluntary sector organisations for the benefit of the young people.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the team and establish the Rebuild service for unaccompanied young people aged 16+ in Cambridgeshire in line with Baca’s vision, mission and values, by working closely with the Leadership Team and the wider team of Baca.
- Develop the service in line with Baca’s Theory of change, to enable young people to achieve the following outcomes –
- Improved Physical Wellbeing,
- Improved Emotional Wellbeing,
- Increased engagement with Education, Employment and Training,
- Increased Social engagement and
- Increased Personal Safety.
- Line Management and development of service delivery team to deliver the best they can to enable young people to achieve the outcomes above.
- Lead on ensuring safeguarding practices and culture are embedded in the core of all services delivered.
- Regularly review and manage the risks associated with young people and ensure their risk assessments are up to date.
- Ensure delivery of high quality support work for the best interest of the young people.
- Playing an active role in developing knowledge and understanding in areas relevant to the role, especially in the areas of asylum and refugee law, trafficking, supporting separated children and the cultures of different nations relevant to Baca, by learning from the young people themselves and other key partners.
- Research and identify the most suitable and appropriate educational provision, leisure and community facilities, local amenities, taking into account the needs - physical, emotional, safety, social, cultural and religious - of the young people.
- Establish and be lead on working relationships with all external stakeholders with proactivity and problem solving initiative, reflecting Baca’s values.
- Work in close partnership with social workers, other professionals and volunteers to provide a holistic development package for each young person enabling them to become independent.
- Taking the lead in ensuring that all accommodation run by Baca in location is of the highest quality and meets young people’s needs and helps their recovery.
- To be proactively available to cover as a support worker, in all instances necessary, to ensure the young people are cared for with compassion and to ensure they are progressing towards independence.
- Lead, organise and coordinate meetings & events for internal and external stakeholders as required, ensuring all relevant actions are followed through.
- Manage risks of the delivery of the service in line with established policies and processes, working closely with the Leadership Team to respond and mitigate against key risks.
- Be an active member of the Management Team at Baca, to ensure cohesive and coordinated approach to establishing the new service.
- Work closely with the Management Team to ensure that all processes, procedures and practises of the project are compliant with Baca’s systems.
- Manage budgets, working closely with the finance team, necessary for delivering young people services.
- Be part of the Oncall team and deliver oncall support outside of work hours on a rota basis, which comes with additional pay per night.
- Be a role model, leading by example in practicing the Values of Baca.
- Play an active and supportive role within the organisation
- Take ownership of all administrative aspects of the role.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to work undertaken and ensure all confidential material is stored according to Baca’s Confidentiality statement and Data Protection Policy.
- Treat all staff and young people fairly and without prejudice, in line with Baca’s Equality and Diversity policy
- Be adept in employing the correct procedures for dealing with any safeguarding incidences or concerns, in line with Baca’s Child, Vulnerable Adult Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- Adhere to all Baca’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, in line with the needs of the team.
More information is in attached Recruitment Pack. Closing date is 2nd of June 2021. Interviews will be week commencing 14th of June 2021. An enhanced DBS check will be required of the successful candidate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.