JOB DESCRIPTION SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER (CAMBRIDGESHIRE)
Responsible to: Project Team Leader (Cambridgeshire)
Responsible for: New Arrival Support Worker & Residential Volunteer
Location: Cambridgeshire, England regular travel to Baca Office in Loughborough and Leicestershire
Hours: 37.5 hours per week including evening and weekend work
Salary: £22000 - £25000 per annum
- To provide therapeutic support and care service to empower unaccompanied asylum seeking young people, some of whom are victims of trafficking, with dignity, strength and hope - inspiring them to become individuals who are net contributors to society.
- To partner with social workers and representatives from other agencies, for the benefit of the young people.
- To provide support, guidance and be an example to other support staff to inspiring them to be fully investing in the young people and developing their own skills and passions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- All responsibilities, as detailed for the Support Worker (see below).
- Be a proactive and committed member of the team that seeks to establish the Rebuild service for unaccompanied young people aged 16+ in Cambridgeshire in line with Baca’s vision, mission and values, by working closely with the Project Team Leader, Leadership Team and the wider team of Baca.
- Be the Deputy Team Leader of the Support Team, supporting the team manager in day to day operations, in decision making and problem solving as part of young people service delivery.
- To deliver young people services in line with Baca’s Theory of change, to enable young people to achieve the following outcomes, ensuring it is of the highest quality
- Improved Physical Wellbeing,
- Improved Emotional Wellbeing,
- Increased engagement with Education, Employment and Training,
- Increased Social engagement and
- Increased Personal Safety.
- Take the lead in decision making about young people’s progress and their transition to semi-independent placements.
- Be part of the Oncall team and deliver oncall support outside of work hours on a rota basis, which comes with additional pay per night.
- To ensure new arrival risk assessments are updated to suit the individual young person.
- Proactively participate in the training, induction and support of new support workers.
- Play an active role in developing knowledge and understanding in areas relevant to the role, and dispersing this knowledge to support workers in the team.
- Provide support and supervision for the New Arrival Support Worker & Residential Volunteer role.
- Facilitate the development and ongoing review of Baca’s young people support programme.
- Work in close partnership with social workers, other professionals and volunteers to provide a holistic development package for each young person enabling them to become independent.
- Organise and coordinate meetings where necessary to facilitate the achievement of above outcomes.
- Work closely with Baca’s teams to ensure to ensure that all processes, procedures and practises of the project are compliant with Baca’s systems.
- Provide assistance where necessary to facilitate work needed to ensure Baca’s young people accommodation are suitable for purpose and meets regulation.
- Be a role model, leading by example in practicing the Values of Baca.
- Play an active and supportive role within the organisation
- Take ownership of all administrative aspects of the role.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to work undertaken and ensure all confidential material is stored according to Baca’s Confidentiality statement and Data Protection Policy.
- Treat all staff and young people fairly and without prejudice, in line with Baca’s Equality and Diversity policy
- Be adept in employing the correct procedures for dealing with any safeguarding incidences or concerns, in line with Baca’s Child, Vulnerable Adult Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- Adhere to all Baca’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, in line with the needs of the team.
More information about the role and organisation can be found in the Recruitment Pack
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.