JOB DESCRIPTION SUPPORT WORKER
Responsible to: Support Team Manager
Location: Based in Main Baca office, Loughborough and Leicestershire England. The role requires travel to all locations where Baca Services are delivered.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week including evening and weekend work
Salary: £18500 - £22000 per annum
- To provide support and care to the young people who are newly arrived in the country, providing the foundations for them to rebuild their strength, dignity and grow their hope for their futures.
- To partner with social workers, representatives from other agencies, community groups and voluntary sector organisations for the benefit of the young people.
- Through this service we aim to empower unaccompanied asylum seeking young people, some of whom are victims of trafficking, with dignity, strength and hope - inspiring them to become individuals who are net contributors to society.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a key worker for a number of young people who are in the care of Baca, providing high quality holistic and therapeutic support for their transition to adulthood, to enable young people to achieve the following outcomes in line with Baca’s Theory of change –
- Improved Physical Wellbeing,
- Improved Emotional Wellbeing,
- Increased engagement with Education, Employment and Training,
- Increased Social engagement and
- Increased Personal Safety
- Playing an active role in developing knowledge and understanding in areas relevant to the role and especially in the areas of asylum and refugee law, trafficking, supporting separated children and the cultures of different nations relevant to Baca.
- To be a role model to all young people in Baca’s care, providing care and compassion without discrimination of age, race, colour or behavioural issues.
- Support young people in developing essential life skills in line with the individual support plan to prepare them for independent living. Training young people in living skills such as washing, cleaning, cooking and safety food shopping and budgeting; proactively and intentionally in line with the Baca pyramid plan.
- Support young people in developing their skills, aspirations and interests in education, vocation or hobbies.
- Be an active part of a diverse environment of staff and young people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Develop excellent working partnership with social workers, volunteers and other partners’ to provide a holistic development package for each young person enabling them to become independent.
- Regularly review and manage the risks associated with young people.
- Actively plan, prepare and participate in all meetings and events that are related to the support of the young people.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication with all members of the team and all external partners and supporters.
- Carry out all administrative work required as part of the role such as month end reports, support plans on time and in a consistent manner.
- Be a role model, leading by example in practicing the Values of Baca.
- Play an active and supportive role within the organisation
- Take ownership of all administrative aspects of the role.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to work undertaken and ensure all confidential material is stored according to Baca’s Confidentiality statement and Data Protection Policy.
- Treat all staff and young people fairly and without prejudice, in line with Baca’s Equality and Diversity policy
- Be adept in employing the correct procedures for dealing with any safeguarding incidences or concerns, in line with Baca’s Child, Vulnerable Adult Protection & Safeguarding Policy
- Adhere to all Baca’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, in line with the needs of the team.
Please fill an application form, which can be found on our website, to take the interest in the role forward.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.