Responsible for the coordination and delivery of the Volunteer and Intern program within Baca, an essential component of the young people service, delivered as part of the Rebuild team. This work is essential in enabling us to deliver our therapeutic support for all areas of a young person’s life.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be an active member of the Management Team at Baca, to ensure the delivery of day to day young people services, in line with Baca’s Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Goals.
- Work in partnership with all young people services, to ensure young people achieve outcomes in line with our Theory of Change and be a proactive participant of weekly Rebuild Team meetings.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and induction of Volunteers needed to enable young people to achieve outcomes in line with our Theory of Change.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, induction, support and supervision of Residential Volunteers some of whom may also be Interns.
- Recruit train, induct, support and develop Interns necessary for the delivery of overall strategic objectives.
- Recruit, coordinate and maintain a bank of Residential Cover Volunteers necessary for providing overnight cover in houses when residential staff and Volunteers are away.
- Coordinate and match Volunteers with young people to deliver activities in line with young people’s needs, interests and areas of development.
- Ensure effective feedback after activities by Volunteers to the Volunteer Coordinator and the appropriate members of the Rebuild Team involved in the support of the young person.
- Oversee the development of the Volunteer and Intern teams to be their best, in line with Baca’s vision, Values and policies.
- Work proactively in partnership with the Fundraising Team to support the engagement of any Volunteers who may be interested in fundraising for Baca.
- Developing key links with community groups and organise profile-raising events to attract new Volunteers to Baca.
- Celebrate Volunteering by nominating Volunteers for awards and organising celebration events.
- Overseeing Volunteering budget lines and resources, including the reimbursement of expenses.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of activities by Volunteers to capture learning and improve services.
- Maintaining databases and accurate records including: monthly reports, activities data, end of year report etc.
- Be part of the on-call team (which comes with additional pay per night) to deliver out of hours support for young people in specific circumstances.
- Be a role model, leading by example in practicing the Values of Baca.
- Play an active and supportive role within the organisation.
- Take ownership of all administrative aspects of the role.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to work undertaken and ensure all confidential material is stored according to Baca’s Confidentiality statement and Data Protection Policy.
- Treat all staff and young people fairly and without prejudice, in line with Baca’s Equality and Diversity policy
- Be aware of the correct procedures for dealing with any safeguarding incidences or concerns, in line with Baca’s Child, Vulnerable Adult Protection & Safeguarding Policy.
- Adhere to all Baca’s policies and procedures.
Further details can be found in the Recruitmet Pack attached.
Deadline for applications is the 23rd of April at 9am.
Interviews will be conducted during week commencing the 26th of April and it may be over two days.
Successful completion of Enhaced DBS check will be required for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.