The Bach Choir celebrates our 150th Birthday in 2026. Our mission is to inspire and connect people with the emotional power of choral music through performances, recordings and community engagement projects. We commission new music as well as performing the choral masterworks.
Whilst we have explored more use of digital channels in the last few years, we need someone to join the team and make our marketing sing on and offline as well as we do! We are looking for an experienced digital marketer who can help us grow our database, increase ticket sales and reach a broader, more diverse audience.
To plan and execute digital and database marketing campaigns to grow the Choir’s audience database:
- to increase sales of concert tickets, recordings or online events
- to grow attendance at community participation events online and offline
- Own and maintain the calendar of activity that will deliver on the Choir’s marketing goals
- Own the marketing database and the creation of segments/mailing lists based on past behaviour or repertoire preferences. Database/email marketing is the core of the role.
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns including email campaigns, newsletters, paid & organic social media, Google Adwords, YouTube, Spotify
- Write copy for emails, newsletters and webpages and create simple images, videos and social content in Canva/Hootsuite.
- Build and optimise pages on the website (wordpress) to improve click-throughs and SEO performance or to facilitate online registrations/ticket sales.
- Undertake community engagement on our social feeds and comment on/share other relevant industry posts.
- Support any ad-hoc requests for content and information from PR or other agencies or from venue/artists’ marketing teams and add our events to relevant online listing sites.
- Track spend and results and report on your campaign performance and budget.
- Track your progress, attend weekly activity calls and monthly marketing steering board meetings and use choir volunteers as your army of resource where possible.
- Contribute to the annual marketing strategy development and initiatives to reposition our brand and re-design our website.
Your skills & experience
- You must have held at least one prior role that involved hands-on digital marketing including some paid media & database/website admin (not simply posting organic social content).
- You are data-driven; you enjoy making decisions and optimising campaigns based on data insights and you like analysing data to see what’s working.
- You love digital apps and technology. You have some hands-on experience of wordpress, mailchimp, active campaign or similar tools and can troubleshoot simple issues.
- You have either studied music or are able to demonstrate a very good knowledge and love for classical music/composers. You will be writing/creating content about it.
- You have a high standard of written English and can write compelling and accurate copy.
- You can follow data compliance processes and adjust them to meet new regulation.
- You are organised and can manage your own time to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- You are upfront when you need help and support and enjoy developing your skills.
What we can offer you
- £22K salary for 24 hours per week, 20 days holiday, pension. (£36.5K full time equivalent)
- A chance to own and drive the execution of our marketing strategy. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to get more hands-on than in a larger company and/ or wants to step up from a marketing assistant role to get more responsibility.
- An opportunity to join the UK’s finest independent choir to execute on a new marketing strategy, including developing a new brand image and website.
- The flexibility to work from home and work your hours across either 3, 4 or 5 days.
- Tickets to attend our own promotion concerts in London.
- A trustee mentor with marketing experience for guidance, support and a sounding board for ideas
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 AUGUST 2021
Apply with your CV plus a covering letter or a 2-4 min video that tells us why you’re the right person to drive our marketing engine and why you’d love to work for The Bach Choir.
Deadline 5pm Thursday 19th August.
There will be two rounds of interviews which will include some practical exercises.
No agencies or recruiters, thank you.
The Bach Choir is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion.
Apply with your CV plus a covering letter or 2-4 min video that tells us why you’re the right person to drive our marketing engine and why you’d love to work for The Bach Choir.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.