Finance & Data Administrator
The Benevolent is a charity that gives financial assistance and welfare services to people who have worked in the drinks industry. We are looking for a part-time Finance & Data Administrator to provide support for our small, friendly team.
We are looking for someone with good general office admin skills, a head for numbers and an innate empathy with the charity's social welfare work.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Terms of Employment: Part time, 3 days per week 09:00-17:00
Purpose: The Finance & Data Administrator will provide administrative support for the charity's financial management and fundraising, with particular responsibility for maintaining the CRM database.
- Good IT, interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible approach and a good team player
- Finance / accounting experience
- CRM database experience
- Charity sector experience
- Record financial data using Sage software – sales invoicing, purchase invoices, beneficiary & supplier payments, nominal entries, fixed assets, depreciation, prepayments and accruals.
- Assist with credit control, monthly bank reconciliations, annual budgets, quarterly management accounts, checking monthly expense claims and credit card expenditure.
- Count and record cash raised at events.
- Set up and check online bank payments.
- Record income from fundraising websites including JustGiving, CAF and Paypal.
- Update CRM system with data on individual donors, corporate partners and beneficiaries.
- Be prepared to support administrative tasks relating to the running of the charity including any activities relating to events run by out-sourced event companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Role. This is a part time role starting in January 2020
Salary: £14,400 for 3 days
Pension: 10% of salary contributed by The Benevolent
Life Assurance: Life cover offered at three times annual salary.
Travel: Eligible for interest-free Season Ticket Loan Scheme after probation period (3 months)
Days and Hours of Work: 21 hours per week, 9.00am to 5.00pm Wednesday to Friday (including an hour for lunch).
Location: The place of employment will be the The Benevolent’s offices in the International Wine & Spirit Centre 39-45 Bermondsey Street London SE1 3XF.
Notice Period: 4 weeks
Please send a CV and covering letter by 5pm on Wednesday 27th November.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
The Benevolent is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th December 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.