Do you believe in the possibility of changing lives through the power of compassion?
Since 1996 we have helped provide free medical care, education and community support to those suffering the effects of the world’s worst industrial disaster - The Bhopal Gas Tragedy. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Brighton office as an Operations Manager. You will provide organisational, staff management, administrative, financial, digital and strategic oversight and ensure delivery of the Bhopal Medical Appeal’s day-to-day operations. You will lead on BMA fundraising events and liaison with supporters and ensure that the charity continues to fulfil its vision and mission while preserving its core values and following best practise.
- Managing the strategic planning process and promoting and developing the charity’s growth and relevance.
- Coordinating and supervising daily administrative operations.
- Ensuring the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements and any other statutory obligations and acts.
- Appointing and monitoring the work and activities of all other staff.
- Helping maintain sound financial management of the charity’s resources and ensuring that activities meet accepted standards and policies.
- Managing the database of donors and liaising with and providing support to donors, supporters and volunteer fundraisers.
- Continuing to develop processes for effective fundraising, including relationship management and donor stewardship.
- Leading in development and maintenance of the charity’s digital communications, in conjunction with staff and consultants.
- Contributing to the development of new fundraising opportunities with grant-making trusts, foundations, radio and newspaper appeals and others.
- Identifying opportunities for outreach, and liaising with media organisations and press contacts.
- Supporting the charity’s governance processes, procedures and persons.
- Maintaining close contact with our stakeholders in Bhopal, in particular the Sambhavna Clinic and the Chingari Rehabilitation Centre.
- Acting in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
- Have proven experience as Operations Manager, Project Manager, or other similar position, with excellent organisational skills.
- Be a driven self-starter, able to multi-task, work flexibly and with initiative.
- Be able to absorb a wide range of information and data and form into a compelling case for support.
- Have superior interpersonal skills, as a relationship builder, and a natural affinity and diplomacy for liaising with diverse stakeholders.
- Possess analytical and strategic thinking abilities and demonstrate aptitude in problem-solving.
- Be able to maintain and develop website content.
- Hold knowledge of relevant regulations and standards.
- Be proficient in database software and Microsoft Office 365
- Personify qualities of integrity and credibility. A passionate interest in human rights, environmental justice, and corporate accountability are vital.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB IF...
- You are motivated by making things happen and seeing results.
- You can handle a long and varied to do list and are adept at balancing short-term demands with longer-term goals.
- You value autonomy and the chance to initiate and shape opportunities.
- You like working in a small team with dedicated people.
- You are angered by injustice and genuinely motivated to help right wrongs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.