One Year Fixed Term Contract funded by Welsh Government
Based in Cardiff
35 hours per week
Here at The Big Issue, we view financial and digital skills, access, and education as essential for our vendors to move forward in life.
In this newly created role, funded by Welsh Government, you will be the lynchpin for driving forward the financial and digital inclusion agenda at The Big Issue acting as the critical link between the Frontline and the Partnerships and Programmes team.
In the role, you will deliver and report on key strategic financial and digital inclusion projects in Wales. This will include the delivery of a financial and digital skills programme, cashless payment support and launch and implementation of a new vendor app.
This role will involve working directly with vendors to support them reaching their financial and digital inclusion goals and deliver on The Big Issue’s wider objectives. The role will include a responsibility to maintain and build local partnerships, while ensuring that service delivery is consistent with our aims.
Your Skills and Values
The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with vulnerable people and programme delivery. They must be digitally confident and understanding of the needs of Big Issue vendors today, however, training will be provided.
- You have experience of problem-solving – you thrive on finding solutions to challenges and can work comfortably in an everchanging landscape
- People focused with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- You are comfortable and confident with innovation. You embrace change and love new ideas, whilst seeing the value in revisiting some of those ideas and initiatives that have come before
- A self-starter who can work creatively with confidence under their own initiative within a team environment
- An adept communicator with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others
- Experience working with socially excluded and vulnerable groups
- Competent in the use of all technology with excellent IT skills
- Experience supporting socially excluded and vulnerable groups with financial and digital inclusion
- Co-ordinating the delivery of project work
- Fluent Welsh speaker
- Commitment to delivering The Big Issue’s mission in partnership with others
- You value the importance of diversity and understand the huge benefits that diversity brings to generate innovative new ideas, bring fresh and new perspectives and help build a world that works for everyone
For a full job description including the full of responsibilities of the role please downoad from the link below.
Salary and Benefits
- A salary commensurate with the third sector, which can be confirmed on request
- Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
- Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
- Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
- Health benefits include life cover, a health cash plan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment.
This role will be based two days per week in Cardiff but we can accommodate flexible working beyond those days.
Closing date: 7th May 2021
The Big Issue is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.