This is a key role within the Big Issue Group Marketing team with responsibility for growing our individual donor acquisition revenue through acquisition marketing campaigns.
As a Digital Marketing Manager with strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset, you will balance a tactical hands-on role with the requirement to lead strategy to help grow our fundraising and donation base.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Take the lead to develop, plan and oversee/execute implementation of marketing activity to drive donations across owned and paid media channels
- Segment target audiences and utilise the full digital marketing mix to devise & execute awareness, engagement utilising content hooks leading to registration and conversion
- Initiate ‘test and learn’ strategies to improve effectiveness of marketing campaigns, constantly innovating to improve online marketing strategies
- Manage the creation and optimisation of campaign landing pages – this includes writing engaging copy and writing creative/design briefs for targeted audiences
- Develop and implement an email marketing and lead generation strategy to grow the individual donor database and convert these leads to donations
- Work with the fundraising team on a retention management strategy, supporting the delivery of a CRM programme, renewal journey and lapsed/cancelled campaigns
- Maintain and manage the donations plan & forecast model to track against acquisition targets and budgets and utilise LTV models to monitor the feasibility of the marketing channel mix
- Analysis and reporting on all activity against KPI’s – using Google Analytics, Social analytics and Email reporting tools
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ year’s data driven digital marketing experience within a not-for-profit organisation – donations, memberships, e-commerce.
- Commercially aware with experience in delivering challenging KPI’s
- Planning and executing digital acquisition campaigns – paid media (PPC & Social) & email are key channels
- Solid knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience planning, executing and analysing social media campaigns – organic & paid
- Experience creating campaign landing pages within a website CMS
- Great copy writing skills with SEO knowledge
- Campaign planning & budget management experience - with a good knowledge of forecasting & LTV models
- Confident with data and reporting
- Brilliant communicator, confident with dealing with multiple stakeholders
- A creative and enthusiastic self-starter with attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
For a full job description including the summary of responsibilities, skills, qualities and experience required for the role, please download from the link below.
For more details of the salary and employment benefits please click on Apply.
This role will be based flexibly at home and in our head office in Finsbury Park in London.
If you have any queries, please email HR stating the job title and reference
Closing date: 7th July 2021
The Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. Over time our organisation has grown and now The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd and Big Issue Invest Ltd (our social investment arm).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.