We are currently seeking a committed and enthusiastic Team Administrator to join the Big Issue Invest Fund Management team with an immediate start.
You will be supporting a growing team of professionals and will need to be proactive and able to the hit the ground running as you will be working in a fast-paced environment.
This is a great opportunity for a very organised and eager individual to join our organisation and be supported as an integral member of the fund management team.
This role is initially a one-year fixed term contract but with scope for it to move to a permanent role.
The Team Administrator will be the first point of contact for the team and their dedicated provider of general administration support.
Day to day duties will include:
- Assisting in the creation of reports and newsletters that will advance the BII social mission
- Assisting with the creation of tenders and presentations
- Creating invoices, monitoring payments, and notifying senior management of any outstanding invoices
- Organising events in collaboration with the marketing and investment team.
- Responsible for updating the company’s LinkedIn and website
Skills and Experience
Skills required by the successful candidate include:
- Previously work as a Team Administrator or in a similar capacity
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, balance priorities and meet deadlines set
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner, for varied audiences
- Ability to adjust approach where necessary when dealing with different stakeholders and all stakeholders and treated with respect and dignity
- Know how to maintain strict confidentiality standards and knowledge of GDPR
- Strong MS Office skills Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook including Outlook calendar
- A good working knowledge of LinkedIn
- Commitment to the social mission and values of BII
This role will be based at our our head office in Finsbury Park, however, initially due to Covid-19 restrictions, you will be home-based until the office full re-opens.
For a full job description including a more detailed summary of the skills, qualities and experience required for the role please download from the link below
For details of our staff benefits please click Apply
BII is committed to the values of diversity and equality and in building an inclusive culture. We would particularly encourage applications from those who are under-represented in our sector, such as women, people with disabilities, people from Black and Minority Ethnic communities, and people with lived experience of the social challenges we work in
If you have any queries, please email HR stating the job title and ref.
Closing date: Thursday 6th May 2020
About Big Issue Invest
Big Issue Invest is the social investment arm of The Big Issue. BII contributes to the Group Mission of building a world that works for everyone by providing investment, grants and support to social purpose organisations and charities across the UK to create sustainable solutions to dismantling poverty.
“Building a world that works for everyone. Challenging, innovating, and creating self-help and sustainable business solutions, that dismantle poverty now and for future generations.”
Mission Statement 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.