The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd (our publishing business that provides a way for people struggling with poverty to support themselves) and Big Issue Invest Ltd (our social investment arm). Our Central Services departments including Finance also support The Big Issue Foundation, our sister charity.
Position: Finance Director
Location: London, N4 3HH
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: On Application
Benefits: As well as a salary commensurate with our sector, we are proud of our family-friendly staff benefits. We offer 3 days paid leave in a rolling year to care for a sick child or grandchild, 3 days paid leave in a rolling year to care for a sick or elderly relative, an incremental holiday scheme, life cover, a healthcare cash plan, access to an open learning library and other learning & development opportunities, and enhanced contribution into our workplace pension and a generous maternity package.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic, strategic Finance Director to join our Senior Management Team and play a crucial role in the future of our business. We are an SME and this is a great opportunity for someone who will enjoy working with the Finance team on day-to-day practical implementation as well as influencing and developing strategy.
You must be able to manage secure, reliable, compliant financial operations, driving financial management reporting to provide relevant, useful, timely analysis and recommendations. You will hold management accountable to budgets and financial targets and play a critical role in the Senior Management Team in refining and representing key financial choices and inputting into business strategy.
To succeed in this role, you must:
• Thrive on cross-functional relationships across an entrepreneurial group
• Lead and inspire, as well as rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in
• Demonstrate superior financial modelling skills and be an expert user of Excel
• Possess keen analytical intelligence and an ability to influence at all levels
• You must be fully committed to our mission to ensure all decisions are aligned with our purpose and values
• The ideal candidate will also have worked in a social enterprise and an FCA-regulated fund management business and have a working knowledge of SMF 16 & 17
The Big Issue thanks all applicants for their interest and will reply only to those invited for interview.
The Big Issue is striving towards Equal Opportunities.
You may have experience of the following: Head of Finance, Group Finance Director, Finance Director, Finance Manager, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Financial Controller, Director of Finance, ACCA, ACA, etc.