Job Coach - Glasgow
Join Big Issue Recruit and be an instrumental part in helping those furthest from the jobs market achieve their personal goals in the world of work.
Big Issue Recruit is a specialist recruitment service from the Big Issue Group dedicated to supporting people who face barriers to joining the workforce into sustainable employment. It offers a person-centred and free to candidates service, supporting individuals pre, during and post-employment.
We are looking for someone with with experience in working with people who face barriers to employment either as a jobs coach, professional coach or a similar role.
Helping to build our team and provision you will work directly with our candidates to understand their career goals, their barriers and support them into rewarding new careers. You will build a network of service providers and employers to create opportunities for our candidates and provide truly holistic service for all candidates.
Skills & Experience
- Previous working experience as a Job / professional Coach or similar role for 2 years or more
- Experience in working with people with barriers to employment
- Existing network, or proven ability to network, with a broad range of service providers
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Demonstrable commitment to BIG’s values; Inclusive, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial
- Passion for social justice and equality, diversity and inclusion
- Experience of asset-based approach/thinking or a willingness to learn and implement this approach
Salary and Benefits offered
- Staring salary would be in the range of £30,000 per annum and dependent on, skills and experience
- Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
- Health benefits include life cover, a health cash plan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment
This role is primarily based at our Big Issue office in Glasgow.
Closing date - 10th December 2023 (23:59pm) Interviews may take place before the advertised closing date so please apply asap.
Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities. We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. Over time our organisation has grown and now The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd, Big Issue Invest Ltd, our social investment arm, and Big Issue Changing Lives Community Interest Company.
Department: The Big Issue Group
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Staring salary would be in the range of £30,000 per annum and dependent on, skills and experience