This is an exciting time of growth and development at The Big Issue as we continue our mission is to dismantle poverty by creating opportunity, through self-help, social trading and business solutions. We're looking for an Operations Director to join us on this journey.
As Operations Director, you’ll have overall accountability for ensuring the organisation’s IT functions and everyday operations run smoothly and efficiently.
In addition to responsibility for IT infrastructure and service provision, the remit of the role spans everything from organisation-wide Facilities, procurement and process optimisation through to ensuring our health & safety and compliance obligations are met.
- Managing the IT team and third-party service providers, including outsourced IT helpdesk
- Supervising daily operations of network and server infrastructure
- Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
- Managing the IT budgets
Procurement & Process Optimisation
- Developing and implementing strategies for procuring, storing and distributing goods and services efficiently and cost-effectively
- Optimising resource allocation and supply chain
- Devising and implementing operations plans and processes to meet business objectives
- Supporting departments to optimise operations, establishing policies and procedures, implementing necessary changes and adhering to compliance procedures, laws and regulations
- Creating operation strategies to reduce costs and increases efficiency
Facilities, Compliance & Health and Safety
- Create and lead TBIG facilities strategy and business plan to meet the overall Group’s objectives.
- Designing, delivering and maintaining a health and safety change programme to embed and drive a positive safety culture across the organisation
- Ensuring the timely delivery of compliance & health and safety management action plans and operational programmes
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role in a similar-sized organisation
- Up-to-date knowledge of IT industry best practice
- Expert knowledge of health & safety legislation
- Proven track-record in implementing organisational change
Salary and Benefits include:
• Holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays on top, increasing by 1 day for each year of employment up to 30 days
• Company sick pay starting at 5 days of full pay, increasing by 5 days with each year of employment (up to 6 weeks)
• Paid time off to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
• Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Comprehensive flexible working policy open to all staff from day 1 of employment
• Free-of-charge BUPA healthcare cash plan scheme covering everything from dental and physiotherapy costs through to private consultations and scans
• Access to our Employee Assistance programme which includes counselling and a range of therapies
• Life cover - a lump sum for your family or loved ones if the unexpected happens
• Comprehensive programme of professional skills training
Workplace & contract details:
This role is based primarily at our head office in Finsbury Park, London, with the option for hybrid working.
The role is available on either a permanent or contract basis.
The Big Issue Group committed to equal opportunities and committed to promoting and enhancing diversity, equality and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applicants from all members of the community and particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA, and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
Our Group Mission
Building a world that works for everyone. Challenging, innovating, and creating self-help and sustainable business solutions, that dismantle poverty now and for future generations