How to apply
Financial Officer – Part Time
We’re the Bobath Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy, a charity dedicated to supporting children and families living with cerebral palsy and similar neurological conditions.
Our specialist treatment and training centre offers bespoke support from a team of physio, occupational and speech and language therapists who focus almost exclusively on cerebral palsy.
Sometimes, it’s the simple things that make a difference - playing with friends, dressing or making your own lunch. So, whatever a child's age or associated difficulties, we have the skills and knowledge to help them live their day-to-day life to the fullest.
Now, we are seeking a Finance Officer to join us on a part time basis and support the financial health of our organisation.
- Salary of £20,000 - £25,000 pro rata
- 27 days’ holiday (including Christmas shutdown) plus Bank Holidays pro rata
- Pension scheme
- The chance to contribute to the running of our outstanding charity
If you’re an AAT qualified or experienced finance professional, this is a fantastic opportunity in which to develop and progress your career with a charity that is dedicated to supporting and bettering the lives of those who need them most.
The Financial Team are a vital part of our success, and with ongoing encouragement and support, you’ll have the chance to thrive and reach your full potential with us.
So, if you’re ready for a fresh, new challenge within the charity sector, this is the role for you.
As the Finance Officer, you assist in the smooth running of the Financial Department.
Specifically, you will manage the centre’s day-to-day finance processing, record transactions, maintain financial records, and perform bank and other reconciliations.
Your role will also involve:
- Establishing effective and simple financial procedures and supporting staff in understanding financial processes
- Maintaining all ledgers and entering data into Sage
- Assisting in the preparation of the yearly budgets
- Responding to queries from budget holders
- Maintaining Gift Aid information on the database and preparing Gift Aid returns
- All accounting up to TB (Trial Balance) level
Interested? To be considered as a Finance Officer, you will need:
- To be qualified at AAT Level and/or a minimum of two years’ experience working in a largely unsupervised financial role
- Experience in using SAGE 50 accounting software
- An understanding of accounting and financial management processes and procedures
- To be highly numerate with knowledge of bookkeeping
- The ability to support others in understanding and implementing financial processes
- A calm and friendly attitude
Although not essential, experience of working within the charity sector would be beneficial to your application.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Finance Officer, Finance Clerk, Accounts Clerk, Senior Accounts Assistant, Senior Finance Assistant or Finance Administrator.
Please note, this is a part time role working 15 hours per week and requires an immediate start.
Webrecruit and The Bobath Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy, are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next role as a Finance Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.