Job Title: Senior Service Manager - Restoration
No of Posts: 1
Salary: £29,545 - £32,545 (dependent on experience) plus Pension and Health Benefits
Status: Full Time, Substantive
Hours: 37.5 per week
Holidays: 24 days plus Bank Holidays per annum
Based at: Wigan and Leigh
Responsible to: Operations Director
Accountable to: Queen’s Hall Action on Poverty Trustees
The Brick is a growing charity with big aspirations for people in need within our community. We provide RELIEF, RESTORATION and REFORMATION by offering tailored support, hope, and opportunity to those looking to improve their quality of life. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to join the charity in a new and exciting role. Your role will be to enhance integrate and develop all aspects of restoration within the Charity. You will need to be as committed as we are to equip people from diverse backgrounds for self-sustaining and independent living.
To be successful, you will be a person who has
- high integrity,
- commitment to organisational development, and good governance,
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to work at pace in a complex context,
- the ability to work in a team in a practical, flexible and cooperative way
- passionate about supporting people to transition
To Apply: Please send your CV along with a brief overview of why you feel you are perfect for this role in no more than 500 words. Please submit your documents using the link.
Please apply early as we reserve the right to bring forward or extend the deadline for applications, so please get your applications in as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 12 Noon Friday 5th March 2021 Possible Interview days: 11th and 12th March
The focus of the Senior Service Manager - Restoration is to ensure that sustainable yet robust transitions are being achieved for residents in temporary or emergency accommodations, that they remain financially viable and appropriately resourced at all times. A key aspect of the role is to deliver a high quality and balanced customised service to residents with the ultimate objective of placing them in suitable, good quality long term accommodation, alongside meaningful training and employment opportunities. We are keen to deliver projects that enhance wellbeing, skills development and employability opportunities. Thinking ahead to what resilient communities and the future of work may look like, including innovative thinking around the types of skills and practices that may become even more valuable in a climate-changing and post-pandemic world. As senior service manager responsible for restoration you will manage all activities that take place within the Brick Works and Cross Street warehouse and develop long term strategic plans for these facilities, embedding them into the local community.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
To be a member of the Senior Management Team, you will be responsible for managing the delivery and development of high quality restoration services at our numerous sites to people at risk of or experiencing homelessness. Restoration services are designed to prepare individuals for sustainable tenancies by developing independence, expanding communication and providing social opportunities to support general health and wellbeing. You will effectively manage and motivate a staff and volunteer team to deliver high quality services, meeting organisational and regulatory standards, for people attending our training, education and day opportunities provision. As well as managing people, you will be responsible for the health safety and wellbeing of everyone involved in our restoration projects, ensuring that the projects are equipped appropriately and the facilities are robust. To be successful in this role you will have a sound knowledge of person centred planning for individuals with complex needs, people management and budget management. You will need to demonstrate proven experience of supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation and all that it entails. You will be a commercially minded person with the ability to encourage ambition, innovation and a culture of entrepreneurialism whilst managing risk. An action-oriented person who enjoys working hard and looks for challenge.
People we work with;
- Create and oversee a robust process of meaningful engagement from people living in Supported Housing and the Hubs
- Oversee a process which ensures individual personalised plans are fulfilled
- Understand the opportunities for people with lived experience and create and maintain a suitable programme which encourages growth within the Charity whilst at the same time understand the additional support needs that may be required.
- Manage the Brick Works and Cross Street facilities.
- Work directly with the other areas of the Charity that promote engagement.
- Oversee the Training and Resource Manager
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the quality and effectiveness of the services delivered and to enhance their experience; monitor the external environment and ensure that new services are developed in line with changing demographics and needs.
- Focus on positive outcomes for people living in our accommodation through work and training engagement
- Understand and embed an Asset based Approach to all areas within the Charity
- Maximise rental income from the Brick’s Accommodation by working in close partnership with other departments in the charity and other agencies
- Oversee the Intensive Housing Management Manager
- Oversee the Facilities and Properties manager
The Brick is committed to delivering Wigan Council’s Deal approach and as such we are asking for applicants who adopt the 3 core behaviours being; positive, accountable and courageous. We are looking for innovation and creativity, The Brick is not afraid to do things differently and pilot new initiatives to trial and test new ideas.
Queen’s Hall Action on Poverty are committed to the safeguarding and protection of all young people and adults, In line with our Safeguarding policies. We will carefully select, train and support all those with any responsibility within the Charity, in accordance with our rigorous recruitment and selection policies.
The Brick is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010 and building an accurate picture of the make-up of our workforce.
We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and support or staff from different backgrounds
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.