Are you perhaps a fundraiser who wants to take the next step in your career? Come and play an integral role in helping shape the next, exciting stage of our development as a charity and be a part of a brilliant team working with children and young people all across Salisbury and South Wiltshire!
The role of Deputy-Director is a senior-level position, with a 50% focus on fundraising and income generation and a 50% focus on strategy and developing new projects that will enable us to move to the next level as a charity; to ensure future sustainability and to bring Christian faith, hope and love to more and more young people across Wiltshire!
Key aspects of this role will include:
- Providing leadership alongside the Director to develop and implement a cohesive and ambitious 3-year strategy that aids our vision.
- Developing a funding model and income streams that can resource the ongoing and future work of the Bridge, particularly through trusts, foundations, statutory funding, the Diocese, school income, major donors and networking.
- Liaising with operational colleagues to identify innovative and ground-breaking projects and priorities for funding, and in consultation with the Director, develop them into compelling projects for funders.
- Reviewing and developing our impact measurement and monitoring, ensuring that it is effective and captures the difference we’re making.
- Conducting an ongoing review of our policies and procedures.
- Line-management of the Operations Manager.
- Hands-on schools work where appropriate, including mentoring.
- Deputising for the Director, where necessary.
- A committed Christian with a strong desire to see our vision lived out.
- Extensive experience and track record in trust fundraising and income generation.
- A strong, strategic thinker and leader with proven experience leading teams.
- Experience in project development, from infancy to delivery.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Able to take the initiative.
- A strong networker with influencing skills.
- Experience in either education, or work/ministry relating to children and young people.
- It is a genuine occupational requirement for the post-holder to be a committed, practicing Christian.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Qualified youth worker.
- Leadership and management/fundraising qualification.
- Experience in charity management.
We have a vision to…
Bring Christianity alive in classrooms across South Wiltshire and beyond; through professional, creative RE lessons; impactful emotional literacy programmes; faith-inspiring collective worships, transition work and transformative whole day events.
Enable young people to engage with Christianity by reframing chaplaincy for the modern age, to stimulate spiritual curiosity and to develop young people holistically. We want to deliver a service that brings positive change and hope to the mental health & wellbeing of young people through the delivery of exceptional pastoral care, youth work that breaks new ground and mentoring streams.
Build on our existing partnerships with schools and, where appropriate, to develop outstanding and innovative youth and community work that spills out of schools and brings Christian faith, hope and love to young people in other contexts.
How to apply…
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Alex Ewing, the Director, explaining how you meet the requirements of this role and why you want to work for the Bridge. No more than 2 sides please.
Please visit our website to find out more, where you can watch our promotional video and see our job pack.
For an informal conversation about the role, please do not hesitate to email Alex and a chat can be arranged.
The primary schools’ team deliver engaging RE lessons, whole-day events, transition work, social skills programmes and collective worships. The secondary team provide lay chaplaincy to schools, focusing on 1:1 pastoral support, drop-in’s, specialist group work, assemblies, lessons and prayer spaces. Our Mentoring Scheme matches 40 mentors from local churches with a mentee from a local school. They meet together once a fortnight in school-time, for a whole academic year, setting goals in the process. Finally, we have recently established an exciting primary school chaplaincy programme in the north of the county, working with 4 schools as part of a pilot scheme.
We want to act as a bridge between schools and churches, giving young people an opportunity to discover more about the Christian faith in a relevant and engaging way. We have an active and passionate board of trustees with a wide variety of experience.
So come and join us and be part of the Bridge family! We have an exciting vision to grow the impact and geographical scope of our work across the schools in the years to come, as well as implement new lines of work that might spill out into the community.
Terms of Employment
Salary: £27,000-30,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (negotiable) - occasional evening and weekend working may be required.
Annual Leave: A generous 30 days annual leave + bank holidays
Location: Our office in Salisbury/some optional home-working
Pension: 7.5% employer contributions
Term: 3 years (to be extended subject to funding)
Closing date: 23rd May at midday. Interviews TBC
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.