In 2021, The Brilliant Club launched its new five-year strategy; Join the Club. One of the essential strands of the new strategy is the charity’s commitment to people-led communications. We are looking for a candidate to take on an exciting new role which sits in our External Affairs team.
The role requires a positive, creative, proactive, and well-organised approach. The role exists to give excellent support across the Marketing and Communications function of the External Affairs team. Marketing support will include social media content planning and creation, website content and editing, newsletter creation for a variety of audiences, curation of the charity’s Friends of The Brilliant Club network which provides opportunities for people interested in the charity to come together, share ideas and support The Brilliant Club’s mission, and preparation of the charity’s journal of student work, The Scholar.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a busy, efficient, and high-performing team. As well as having this flexibility, they will also be driven, creative and motivated to share the stories of the communities the charity works with, including students, parents, PhD tutors and our alumni network. This role plays an important part in building our brand as a charity, and by joining the team, you will be supporting the charity to grow our reach to a wider range of audiences than ever before.
This is a great opportunity to join the Brilliant Club team as we become the UK’s largest university access movement. We are looking forward to meeting great candidates who are excited to join us as we support more young people progress to university and thrive when they get there.
We think it is important that our charity reflects the lived experience of our beneficiaries, and we want to be an organisation where employees from any background can thrive. We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans including non-binary (LGBTQ+) candidates, and candidates from low-income families. These groups are currently underrepresented at The Brilliant Club, and we are committed to increasing representation and diversity at the charity.
External Stakeholder Management
• Understands the complexity of the different audiences The Brilliant Club works with and how to tailor communications to different audience needs
• Proactively engages with external stakeholders and identifying opportunities to build networks and share community stories
• Confidently adapts content, tone and delivery of communications based on the audience and the communication mechanism Uses their high attention to detail to create quality copy, spot errors and identify issues.
Initiative and Problem-Solving
- Proactive in seeking feedback and enhancing processes
- Ability to take ownership of projects and be accountable for spotting and solving problems within these projects
Time and Resource Management:
- Manages own time and workload, with strong prioritisation skills
Developing Self and Others
- Self-reflective and committed to own professional development
- Confident in using digital systems for delivery
- Capable of adapting quickly to new systems and interfaces
Role Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Essential – Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Essential – Experience of creating social media content or working in a communications or marketing team
- Desirable – Experience of using CRM systems, such as Salesforce, and email platforms such as MailChimp
- Desirable – Experience of working with a website CMS
- Desirable – Experience of using design platforms such as Canva or InDesign
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.