We are excited to be recruiting a Product Manager to join our technology team. This new role will help us to achieve a best-in-class digital experience for our students, colleagues, and partners, as we begin delivering our new five-year strategy that includes ambitious plans for digital transformation. It’s an exciting time to be joining us!
The successful applicant will oversee the development of our new platform for pupils, tutors, and teachers. The role will require excellent relationship management skills working to balance the prioritisation of both internal and external needs. You will support the Tech & Product Director to ensure the vision of a fully inclusive user experience for pupils is achieved, working in an agile way to gather regular user feedback.
This role may appeal to someone who has experience delivering products as part of an IT team, or has demonstrable experience delivering projects in the education sector with significant technology components. We’re looking for a self-motivated, empathetic, focused individual that is happy working with cross-functional teams and knows how to get things done! We think this is a great opportunity to join The Brilliant Club at an exciting time when technology is a key part of charity’s strategy.
The Brilliant Club exists to increase the number of pupils from underrepresented backgrounds progressing to highly selective universities. We think it is important that our charity reflects the lived experience of our beneficiaries, and we want to be an organisation where employees from any background can thrive. We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans including non-binary (LGBTQ+) candidates, and candidates from low income families. These groups are currently underrepresented at The Brilliant Club and we are committed to increasing representation and diversity at the charity.
Time and Resource Management
- Develops and delivers on plans, using appropriate product/project management tools
- Can manage organisational projects, with appropriate levels of time and resource input
External Stakeholder Knowledge and Management
- Triages relationships so that those that need it get most attention
- Manage external supplier relationships to ensure the charity receives value for money
- Listens to others and ask clarifying questions to understand the needs of users
- Confidently adapts content, tone and delivery of written and oral communications to the needs of the audience and is aware of their impact
Initiative and Problem Solving
- Identifies problems, suggests possible solutions and effectively implements agreed solutions.
Role Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Essential – Comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders and managing competing priorities.
- Essential – Can confidently oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Essential – Confident gathering and challenging requirements.
- Essential – Able to work with new technologies and adapt to new approaches.
- Essential – Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desirable – Familiarity with Agile delivery methods e.g. Kanban/Scrum.
- Desirable – Working with users of digital products and gathering feedback.
Role specific Experience and Qualifications
- Essential – IT product/project management experience – directly, or indirectly where technology component is significant part of a wider project or programme.
- Desirable – Knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- Desirable – Agile project management experience/qualification.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.