The Brilliant Club is recruiting for a Young Trustee between the age of 18 to 27 to join our Board of Trustees. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who have participated in, or have experience and knowledge of, our programmes. Most importantly, we are looking for candidates with an enthusiasm for education and improving the life chances of young people.
The Brilliant Club exists to increase the number of pupils from underrepresented backgrounds progressing to highly selective universities. We think it is important that our charity reflects the lived experience of our beneficiaries, and we want to be an organisation where employees and supporters from any background can thrive. We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans including non-binary (LGBTQ+) candidates, and candidates from low-income families. These groups are currently underrepresented at The Brilliant Club and we are committed to increasing representation and diversity at the charity.
• Essential – A commitment to The Brilliant Club’s charitable mission
• Essential – Experience of considered and fair decision-making
• Essential – Experience of building and developing relationships with others, whether that be at university, at school, or in a work context
• Essential – Willingness to contribute the time and effort necessary to the position
• Desirable – Digital and/or communications experience would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Understanding
• Knowledge or experience of Brilliant Club programmes
• Preparedness to contribute openly to discussions and to make difficult decisions
• Ability to champion the charity, particularly within your network
• An understanding / willingness to learn the responsibilities of trusteeship
• An understanding / willingness to learn the roles of Chair, Trustee and CEO
Please see the appointment brief for more information.
Vacancy closes: 11th January 2021
Meetings will take place in London (or remotely, given Coronavirus restrictions) but we actively encourage applications from candidates based across the UK
Board of Trustees meetings 2020-21:
• Tuesday 9th March, 2-4pm
• Tuesday 8th June, 2-4pm