The Membership Engagement Officer will work closely with our Membership Manager and with other colleagues across the organisation in order to ensure that our members receive a high level of service and to support the delivery of the activities that underpin our membership offering.
You will have experience in a membership role, or perhaps you have worked in an administrative or customer service role within a membership body or professional association. You will be able to work collaboratively as part of a small team providing an excellent service to our members.This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the range of processes and activities in the membership life cycle and to support in documenting and streamlining our processes and procedures.
What will you get in return?
- Attractive terms & conditions including 32 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, 3 months fully paid sickness and income protection insurance.
- The opportunity to work as part of a small, agile and dynamic team where everyone's opinion counts.
- Flexible working arrangements - hybrid working model.
- A fun, close-knit and supportive team.
Closing date: Monday 24 January 2022 at 12pm
Video interviews: Wednesday 2 February and Thursday 3 February 2022
For further details about the BAcC and this role, please see the candidate pack available on our website. To apply for the role, please submit your CV and a supporting statement outlining how you meet the person specification by 12pm on 24 January 2022.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all members and prospective members, taking enquiries via telephone, email and the website, and ensuring that members receive an effective, cheerful and responsive service.
- With the Membership Manager, to manage the member lifecycle, from student engagement, admissions and registration, insurance arrangements, payments and refunds, new member communications, member queries, the membership renewal process, and exit interviews.
- Assist with the development and execution of membership recruitment and retention strategies, and support with ad hoc initiatives such as membership engagement surveys, market research, and competitor analysis.
- Provide administrative support for various committees including the Membership Services Committee, the Professional Standards and Regulatory Committee and the Governing Board, including organising committee/board meeting dates, circulating papers and taking minutes.
- Support the Membership Manager with admissions and registrations processes, including liaising with assessors and internal colleagues in the organisation of interviews and needle points tests.
- Support the Membership Manager with ensuring that subscription direct debits are received and managing the direct debit run process.
- Update and maintain the BAcC membership database, ensuring the data inputted is accurate and that members’ contact details are updated in a timely manner.
- Ensure that membership data is collected, stored and processed in a GDPR compliant way and that retention and data security processes are adhered to.
- Issuing all necessary membership documents as required, including student welcome packs.
- With the Membership Manager, create, review, streamline and document processes and procedures for a range of activities in the membership function.
You will have:
- Experience in a membership role, or administrative / customer service experience within a membership organisation or professional association.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with and quickly build rapport with members and other stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to act as an ambassador for the BAcC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including an excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent IT Skills, including use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and database/CRM systems
- Ability to make administrative decisions on a day-to-day basis and to provide insight to enable informed judgements to be made.
- The ability to work as part of a team and willingness to assist wherever is necessary and to work effectively with colleagues in order to achieve a shared goal.
- The ability to analyse data and produce reports.
- Absolute discretion and understanding of confidentiality
We are looking for candidates who have some understanding of acupuncture and believe that it is a valid healthcare choice.
About the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC)
The BAcC is the leading self-regulatory body for the practice of traditional acupuncture in the UK. We are a member-led organisation with traditional acupuncturist members, governed by a Governing Board. The specialist staff team deliver membership services and support members to maintain professional standards. We provide our members with a wide range of services to facilitate their practice and we also act for the traditional acupuncture profession as a whole.
We are open to job share working proposals, which should be included in your supporting statement.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.