Equality, Diversity, Inclusivity (EDI) & Safeguarding Coordinator
Circa up to £20,000 basic plus excellent benefits package
Full time permanent position – 35 hours per week. Located in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire. We offer great flexible working opportunities.
Do you want to work for the nation’s largest equine charity?
We are looking for an EDI & Safeguarding Coordinator to join a small team, where you will use your extensive knowledge and skills in safeguarding and equality to ensure high quality service delivery in a dynamic environment.
Key skills needed for this exciting role:
- Knowledge of safeguarding and associated legislation. Experience of working in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with conflict and emotionally distressing matters
- Confidentiality across all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised approach to work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- IT literate including all Microsoft applications
So you’re interested?
Here’s some information on the role…
- Help to raise awareness of safeguarding and equality throughout the BHS and it’s stakeholders such as our clubs, centres and coaches.
- Respond to cases of poor practice and abuse reported to the Society, liaising with statutory bodies as required and maintaining detailed records.
- Support coaches, centres and clubs on best safeguarding practice and develop resources to assist them
- Provide coordination support to the arranging and delivery of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion & Safeguarding training.
- Responsibility for implementing Criminal Record checks on relevant third parties including the keeping of accurate records, in accordance with GDPR
- Contribute to the identification, development, delivery and reporting of key Equality, Diversity & Inclusion projects, provide administrative support to project meetings
What will you get in return?
- £20,000 Basic dependent on experience
- 23 days’ holiday + plus bank holidays + an increase to your holidays after 2 years’ service
- We offer flexible working remotely and flexi time to work around your commitments
- Access to free parking for a limited period
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Life Insurance
- Yearly flu job
- Free Eyesight testing with £50 towards VDU glasses
- Enrolment into our Health Cash Plan offering you discount and access to medical advice
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.
We would encourage you to submit your CV as early as possible if you are interested in working with us, as we may stop accepting applications before the currently advertised closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
Thank you for your recent application for the above position.
In order to ensure we select appropriate candidates for interview it may take some time to fully consider all the applications that we receive. Due to the volume of recruitment we are experiencing, all successful candidates will be notified therefore, we will only contact you again if you have been selected for interview.
We endeavour to take the very best care of your personal data. We will only keep your application and contact details for 6 months, in order to facilitate the recruitment process.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.