The British Horse Society is the nation’s leading equine charity with a passion for horses that is backed by knowledge and expertise. The BHS represents and provides a range of services for horse riders, horse owners, enthusiasts and professionals.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Trusts and Foundations Fundraising Manager with a proven track record to cover maternity leave on a 12-month contract. You will have previous experience of writing successful, compelling, high quality and detailed bids to trusts and foundations in order to support project work. A proven track record of engaging and developing relationships with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally is essential. You will be part of a small but energetic and dedicated team. You will be responsible for researching opportunities, writing bids and grant applications, and managing ongoing relationships with funders.
Reporting to: Fundraising Director
You will be part of a small but energetic and dedicated team.
You will be responsible for researching opportunities, writing bids and grant applications, and managing ongoing relationships with funders.
- Manage relationships with existing Trusts and Foundations, ensuring excellent stewardship.
- Research viable Trusts and Foundations, to support our work. Continue to build a pipeline of Trusts and Foundations, prioritising and allocating prospects to relevant projects and convert prospects to donors.
- You will need to be able to absorb a very diverse set of projects.
- Write high quality, compelling and targeted funding applications to secure five and six figure donations from Trusts and Foundations.
- Monitor and evaluate projects as part of the reporting process for funders.
- Keep clear income and expenditure budgets and detailed records of application activity plus record all communication.
- Support the Director of Fundraising with the wider fundraising strategy.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as directed.
The position is home based with occasional travel to the office at Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
Person Specification: (Essential/Desirable)
- Graduate calibre;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent team-working skills;
- Excellent communication skills including customer service, interpersonal experience and confidence in communicating via telephone, email and face to face;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good IT skills and knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and social media);
- Excellent presentation skills to deliver training and talks to external organisations
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.