Who we are
The British Society for Rheumatology is a membership organisation which brings together expertise from across the rheumatology profession, harnessing a wide variety of experience and skills to ensure we are supporting our members to the very best of our combined ability.
Our mission is to support members to deliver the best care at all stages of the rheumatology care pathway, focusing on communication, transparency and collaboration.
This is a key role in supporting the work of the organisation through the development and implementation of communications plans. The post-holder will support the planning and production of communications for a wide range of BSR projects across our three directorate as well as corporate communications. Managed by the Communications Manager the role is responsible for supporting project managers to plan their communications, write copy and scripts and develop content across a range of formats including long form web content, webinars, podcasts and video. This role has interaction with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders and gives advice and guidance to internal and external colleagues at all levels.
Do you have experience and skills in:
• Writing copy for specialist subjects
• Scheduling and writing social media posts
• Creating assets for social media and emails
• Content production for webinars and podcasts
• Using an email marketing system (e.g. Dotdigital)
• Using CMS and content editorial tools
• Competency with website management, CMS and content editorial tools
• Excellent copywriting and copy-editing skills
• Understanding of UX/UI and current best practice
• Digital collaboration and project tools e.g. Monday desirable
• Design programmes such as Adobe Creative Cloud desirable
We can offer:
- A great place to work, we are Investors In People accredited and committed to Equality, Inclusion and Diversity
- Performance related pay and incentive schemes that include colleague nominated awards
- Group pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A heap of benefits, such as BUPA health insurance, cycle to work schemes, buy/sell leave etc.
- Regular staff social events
- Year round learning and development programmes
- Download the job description and person specification. Submit a CV and a detailed cover letter to our recruitment inbox
- Complete our equality, diversity and inclusion monitoring form which can be found on our website
- Closing date to submit applications: Midnight 24 July 2022
- Shortlisting and interviewing will happen throughout the application window
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
BSR is committed to encouraging inclusion, equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation by complying with the Equality Act 2010.
We want a working environment free of all the above, where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued. To do this, we will proactively tackle discrimination and disadvantage and ensure that no individual or group is directly or indirectly discriminated against for any reason. We expect all BSR employees to champion and live our values through their work at every opportunity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.