Finance & HR Officer
British Society for Rheumatology
We are a UK wide membership organisation for all health professionals working in adult, paediatric and adolescent rheumatology. BSR works to promote excellence in the care of people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders and to support those delivering it, involving patients and carers at every step.
We work to ensure that our rheumatology professionals have access to the latest in education, research and clinical best practice to provide high quality care. Our members look after patients of all ages, from children to adults and across the whole patient pathway.
The main purpose of the Finance & HR Officer role is to support the finance and human resources team in the effective running of those functions, to meet the expectations and needs of our staff and members. You must process all financial transactions in accordance with society procedures and processes and manage personal HR data in line with data protection regulations.
You'll be methodical, numerate and well-organised. You can communicate well at all levels in a formal setting and one-on-one; you can easily adapt to changing needs, adhere to strict deadlines and work well under pressure. You'll have strong communication skills, a professional and positive approach to work, be committed to professional and personal development, and have a collaborative work ethic and ability to engage positively with colleagues and stakeholders.
Our office is based in Central London but there are flexible working options available in line with our Flexible Working Policy
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for purchase and sales ledger procedures in line with Company policies.
- Downloading monthly credit card statements and spreadsheets and emailing them to the relevant card holders to complete.
- Posting all monthly credit card transactions and supplier invoices in Sage.
- Posting all transactions from PayPal statements and reconciling the PayPal account.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with preparing for year end and audit fieldwork.
- Provide HR support observing and maintaining the society’s confidentiality policy and remaining aware of relevant legislation (principally the Data Protection Act and GDPR) with regard to all financial transactions and HR records.
- Maintain and update personnel records on Moorepay, SharePoint and in hard copy HR files.
- Provide administrative support for the recruitment of new employees.
- Provide new staff inductions in HR and Health & Safety.
- Organise the probation meeting between new staff and their line manager.
- Ensure employee benefits are cancelled once an employee has left the business.
- Coordinate employee annual training programme including Clinic Visits for staff, being the first point of contact for our chosen training provider (The Centre), review the annual training programme and producing a paper for SMT in November each year with a proposed programme for the following year based on employee feedback.
- Be the administrator of the BSR online appraisal system (EmPerform)
- Manage the HR, Recruitment and Finance inboxes.
- Be responsible for the Finance & Risk committee management
- Undertake any other additional admin duties as required
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have good organisation and time management skills.
- Can communicate well at all levels in a formal setting and one-to-one.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team but also be adaptable enough to work on own initiative when required.
- Can easily adapt to the changing needs of the society and an ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Have strong communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner.
- Have a professional and positive approach to work and committed to professional and personal development.
- Are methodical, numerate and well-organised.
- Have a collaborative work ethic and ability to engage positively with colleagues and stakeholders.
We want your experience of the following:
- Experience of computerised accounting financial systems
- Experience of using MS Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Experience of working on Sage 50 accounting package and/or previous HR experience would be a bonus
We can offer:
- A great place to work, we are Investors In People accredited and committed to Equality, Inclusion and Diversity
- Performance related pay and incentive schemes that include colleague nominated awards
- Group pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A heap of benefits, such as BUPA health insurance, cycle to work schemes, buy/sell leave etc.
- Regular staff social events
- Year round learning and development programmes
To apply: Please visit our website
To be considered for this role, please ensure to clearly explain, in your Cover Letter, how you meet the essential criteria outlined in the Person Specification.
To download a full Job Description and Person Specification for this role and to complete our Equality & Diversity Monitoring form, please visit our website.
Closing date to submit applications: Friday 9 July at 12pm.
Interviews will be held virtually the week commencing 12 July.
Pre- employment Checks: Please note that any Employment with the BSR will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- receipt of two satisfactory references
- proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications expected, we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Hospital & Health Care / Charity
Permanent & Full-time.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
BSR is committed to encouraging inclusion, equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation by complying with the Equality Act 2010.
We want a working environment free of all the above, where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued. To do this, we will proactively tackle discrimination and disadvantage and ensure that no individual or group is directly or indirectly discriminated against for any reason. We expect all BSR employees to champion and live our values through their work at every opportunity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.