Partnership/Sponsorship Account Manager
British Society for Rheumatology
We are a UK wide membership organisation for all health professionals working in adult, paediatric and adolescent rheumatology. BSR works to promote excellence in the care of people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders and to support those delivering it, involving patients and carers at every step.
We work to ensure that our rheumatology professionals have access to the latest in education, research and clinical best practice to provide high quality care. Our members look after patients of all ages, from children to adults and across the whole patient pathway.
We are recruiting for a Partnership Manager to join the Marketing and Education directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a wide range of commercial and not-for profit partners to develop and deliver sponsorship and partnership initiatives that support our diverse membership. In doing so you will gain an in-depth knowledge of a fascinating medical specialty. Your role combines account management, relationship building and project management and you will be a central contact for external partners and have oversight of key society relationships.
The ideal candidate will enjoy getting to know our members, partners and sponsors and thrive on building positive relationships. You will be a quick learner keeping up to date with key issues in the sector so you can talk confidently about these.
Our office is based in Central London but we are currently working remotely and you will be given the support and equipment needed to make this possible.
In this role you will:
- Develop excellent account management processes
- Work across our events, education and clinical programmes
- Design and develop the sponsorship packages and exhibition floor plans
- Project manage the successful delivery of all sponsorship packages
- Identify new relationships with commercial and non-commercial partners to further BSR’s aims
- Respond to new project proposals from external partners making sure there are clear objectives
- Negotiate and manage all contractual agreements
- Develop internal plans with colleagues to deliver the projects
- Help colleagues achieve successful outcomes through partnership opportunities
- Maintain policies to ensure ethical and transparent ways of working
- Use CRM system to retain accurate records of our interactions and agreements
- Evaluate and continuously improve the success of our partnerships
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are a quick learner who likes to keep up to date with key issues in the sector so you can talk confidently about these
- Enjoy getting to know members, partners and sponsors so you can build positive relationships
- Are great at project managing and working across teams
- Are able to work on multiple projects and are good at prioritising
- Are confident with CRM systems for sales and account management
- Have an interest in solving problems through technology
We want your experience of the following:
- Developing partnerships with both commercial and not-for-profit organisations
- Account management
- Relationship management
- Development of sponsorship packages
- Design of exhibition space for large events
- Project management
- Marketing plans for partnership opportunities
- Online conference platforms
- Negotiating and managing contracts
- Forecasting income and expenditure
We can offer:
- A great place to work, we are Investors In People accredited and committed to Equality, Inclusion and Diversity
- Performance related pay and incentive schemes that include colleague nominated awards
- Group pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A heap of other benefits, such as BUPA health insurance, cycle to work schemes, buy/sell leave etc.
- Regular staff social events
- Year round learning and development programmes
To apply: Please visit our website for full instructions on how to apply.
Closing date to submit applications: Sunday 27 June.
Interviews will be held virtually on Thursday 1 July.
To download a full Job Description and Person Specification for this role and to complete our Equality & Diversity Monitoring form, please visit our website.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications expected to receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pre- employment Checks: Please note that any Employment with BSR will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- receipt of two satisfactory references
- proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Hospital & Health Care / Charity
Permanent & Full-time.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
BSR is committed to encouraging inclusion, equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation by complying with the Equality Act 2010.
We want a working environment free of all the above, where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued. To do this, we will proactively tackle discrimination and disadvantage and ensure that no individual or group is directly or indirectly discriminated against for any reason. We expect all BSR employees to champion and live our values through their work at every opportunity.
Recruitment agencies are asked not to contact BSR for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.