An exciting opportunity to join the Youth Engagement team at the British Youth Council. You will be passionate about youth voice and advocacy and developing and delivering high quality programmes with amazing young leaders.
- To lead on the delivery of new and existing youth engagement programmes working in partnership with key delivery partners and developing and maintaining strategic partnerships.
- To support meaningful and inclusive engagement, participation and development of young leaders across the youth engagement programmes.
- To champion youth participation and youth leadership and ensure that the voice of young people is heard in relation to decisions being made that affect them.
Main areas of responsibility
To take the operational lead in planning and delivering our youth engagement partnership programmes including, but not limited to:
- Manage the Future Voices Group in partnership with Youth Futures Foundation and the Youth Advisory Group in partnership with The Careers and Enterprise Company. Core responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating and delivering quarterly meetings.
- Developing and delivering skills development sessions for young leaders.
- Ensuring individual young people receive the support they need to thrive in their roles.
- Support the Youth Engagement Officer to deliver the NHS Youth Forum and Bank of England Youth Forum – including:
- Support monthly meetings with the Forums ensuring projects are on track and the groups have the support they need to achieve the outcomes they have defined.
- Support skills development sessions, developing the confidence, skills and values of forum members to thrive in their role as young leaders.
- Implement and maintain project management systems, ensuring robust impact measurement is in place across all programmes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with our partner organisations including Youth Futures Foundation, NHS England and Improvement, The Careers and Enterprise Company and the Bank of England.
- Work with colleagues to ensure appropriate links are planned between the Youth Engagement Programmes and other British Youth Council programmes.
- Prepare and submit reports to funders on the work, ensuring that all requirements are met to a high standard.
- Manage the budget for the relevant Youth Engagement programmes, including budget preparation, forecasting, monitoring and reporting.
- Manage the Youth Engagement Officer, providing regular support and supervision, and opportunities to develop.
- Commission and manage freelance facilitators as required by the programme, ensuring they are adequately briefed and supported to deliver session with young people.
Networks and Partnerships
- Manage the relationship with Youth Futures Foundation, NHS England and Improvement, the Careers and Enterprise Company and the Bank of England to ensure that each Forum is effective in influencing change within its sectors.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships to support our advocacy, awareness and participation activities.
Participation and advocacy
- Provide ongoing support and development opportunities to the members of our youth engagement programmes to ensure that they are able to be effective representatives.
- Enable young people to engage with and respond to relevant consultations and workshops to feed into their advocacy work, working closely with the Policy and Public Affairs Officer to ensure a joined up approach.
- Ensure a wide reach and participation of young people in our advocacy work across the country.
- Support young people’s internal and external communications about the projects, helping them to evidence how they are representing the views of other young people.
- Work closely with the Youth Engagement Officer and Communications team to develop a content plan for the British Youth Council web pages and social-media channels to amplify the work of the Youth Engagement groups.
- Promote opportunities for British Youth Council members to engage with the youth engagement programmes.
- To be an active and inspiring ambassador for the British Youth Council’s brand.
- To be an effective member of the wider staff team, sharing ideas, collaborating with staff, young people and volunteers, to help make the British Youth Council the leading youth voice charity.
- To support the delivery of the British Youth Council’s high profile, large scale events as part of the wider team, such as the Annual Council meeting and UK Youth Parliament Sittings.
- To conduct all activities in line with our values and in a manner that promotes and enhances the British Youth Council’s image and reputation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.