Debates around Black Lives Matter, mass remote working, inequality in our education system exposed by Covid-19 restrictions and debates about privilege – our society and our world of work is very clearly at a turning point.
As a social mobility charity, The Brokerage is in the fortunate position to influence that change in a positive, practical and meaningful way, working with underprivileged young people from state schools. We partner with corporates in the City (financial and professional services) that want our help with building and accessing a different talent pool and change organisational practices to create a post-inclusion culture where people from all backgrounds can thrive and be themselves.
The Brokerage is at a critical and dynamic point having recently launched a strategic re-direction, innovative new services and a relevant new brand, all supporting our vision of a world where a young person’s ability and aspiration alone determine their career path. At the heart of this exciting new direction is implementing our new partnership model to ensure that The Brokerage is both re-positioned as a Changemaker with corporates and ensures sustainable funding of its activities.
To achieve this The Brokerage is currently recruiting for a Corporate Changemaker Manager to lead on the design and delivery of The Brokerage’s employer products and the engagement of our corporate partners. This is a new strand of work for us and this role will be instrumental in developing, testing and delivering our new employer products including our corporate leaders forum, employer culture change workshop and partnership assessment tool. In addition, this role will also lead on the development of our alumni proposition and ensure our alumni are leveraged to enhance our insights, profile and reach.
- Manage the development and delivery of our employer products, especially our culture change workshop and develop related products e.g. support sessions for line mangers
- Play a liaison role between our partnerships and delivery teams, ensuring that agreements with our corporate partners are fulfilled and relationships are built
- Work with the Senior Insights and Communications Manager to generate collateral to support our corporate partners in their internal engagement activities around our work e.g. case studies/personal stores, business case around D&I
- Keep abreast about partners needs and develop a deep understanding of how the Brokerage can use our insights to add value and create change in organisational practices and behaviours, working closely with the Senior Insights, Impact and System Manager
- Work with the Partnership Team to deliver our partnerships assessments using insights and knowledge from the wider delivery team
- Manage corporate volunteers and ensure we make the most of their position in the organisation, working closely with the Senior Delivery Administrator
- Manage the development of manager support session and develop and implement a manager support network for our corporate partners for all of our activities
- Support the CEO and wider team with the delivery of the corporate employer forum
- Research and manage the establishment of our alumni proposition and network and how they can be utilised to deliver on our strategic objectives
- Manage corporate and alumni engagement via social media and other channels
- To proactively support the Marketing and Communications Manager with case studies and other materials
- To play an active role in the planning and delivery of The Brokerage’s strategic objectives and participate in The Brokerage events and activities as required.
- Dynamic, outgoing and engaging personality
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Experience of HR policies and procedures and wider organisational practices
- Knowledge of corporate D&I agendas and strategies
- Employee volunteer management experience
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and still produce quality outputs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in issues surrounding social mobility, education, as well as corporate diversity and inclusion programmes.
- Excellent IT skills, including demonstrable usage of Microsoft Office suite, CRM databases (eg. Salesforce or equivalent) and social media.
7% pension contribution
25 days’ paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
2 days’ paid volunteering leave
Season ticket loan and a range of other staff benefits
Please apply by submitting a Cover Letter and CV by 0900 on Tuesday 3 November
Interview - dates tbc