Debates around Black Lives Matter, mass remote working, inequality in our education system exposed by Covid-19 restrictions and debates about privilege – our society and our world of work is very clearly at a turning point.
As a social mobility charity, The Brokerage is in the fortunate position to influence that change in a positive, practical and meaningful way, working with underprivileged young people from state schools. We partner with corporates in the City (financial and professional services) that want our help with building and accessing a different talent pool and change organisational practices to create a post-inclusion culture where people from all backgrounds can thrive and be themselves.
The Brokerage is at a critical and dynamic point having recently launched a strategic re-direction, innovative new services and a relevant new brand, all supporting our vision of a world where a young person’s ability and aspiration alone determine their career path. At the heart of this exciting new direction is implementing our new partnership model to ensure that The Brokerage is both re-positioned as a Changemaker with corporates and ensures sustainable funding of its activities.
To achieve this The Brokerage is currently recruiting for a Partnership Manager. This is an incredible opportunity for a proactive relationship-builder who enjoys working within a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic, results-driven team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our vision well as contributing to the development and implementation of our 2020-22 strategic plan.
We are less interested in your experience and more in your personality and attitude: we are looking for someone highly motivated, energetic and engaging who loves building and maintaining successful relationships. We are a small team and there is so much potential for us to grow so you will need to be extremely proactive, resourceful, good at spotting opportunities but equally good at turning those opportunities into revenue-generating, sustainable partnerships. Most importantly, you’ll be the interface with our corporate partners, representing The Brokerage brand, so a client service attitude, ability to work at pace and very high standards are a must.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who have a lived experience of our beneficiaries’ characteristics (e.g. are from a BAME and/or underprivileged background).
The Brokerage is looking for a Partnerships Manager to support the Senior Partnerships Manager to implement our new partnership model, researching and recruiting new partners and ensuring existing partners are happy and participate in our journey of becoming a corporate Changemaker.
In addition, the Partnerships Manager will work closely with the marketing and communications team to build the brand of The Brokerage and collaborate with the delivery team to ensure successful service delivery. They will also support with writing funding applications when necessary as indicated by the Senior Partnerships Manager.
- Undertake research into prospective corporate partners and alongside the Senior Partnerships Manager convert a percentage of these into paid corporate partners on The Brokerage’s partnership model
- Attend meetings with prospective corporates for/with Senior Partnerships Manager where necessary
- Manage all corporate partnerships, for their 12-month duration, maintaining regular contact and a high quality relationship with each organisation
- Communicate details of The Brokerage’s value add assessments with key corporate contacts and where necessary, deliver parts of the assessment insight gathering sessions to corporate audiences
- Ensure that the quality and content of each partnership agreement is in line with agreed partnership level and The Brokerage’s strategic direction
- Gain regular, high level updates from Senior Programme Managers to ensure all elements of the agreed partnerships are being delivered. All updates to be fed back to Senior Partnerships Manager via weekly partnerships meetings.
- Be a key driver in the development and delivery of The Brokerage’s employer support services including:
- Organising and delivering The Brokerage’s regular Corporate Leaders Forums, virtually and in-person when possible
- Workshops for employers around the lived experiences of our young people
- Work with relevant Programme Manager and corporate partners to confirm and secure internships for Summer Placement Programme.
- Undertake research into and apply for additional funding The Brokerage can access from trusts, foundations and statutory funders, monitoring and tracking the progress of these applications.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications team internally to build the brand of The Brokerage
- Play an active role in the delivery of The Brokerage’s strategic objectives and participate in The Brokerage events and activities as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
- Energetic, engaging and self-motivated personality
- Committed client service attitude
- Ability to independently build rapport and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage competing priorities overseeing multiple partnership agreements at once, ensuring their successful delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, including demonstrable usage of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and still produce quality outputs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in issues surrounding social mobility, education, as well as corporate diversity and inclusion programmes
- Knowledge of a CRM database (Salesforce or equivalent)
- Ability to undertake desk-based research
Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter, stating your motivations for applying for this role and how your skills match the person specification, addressed to Susheel Sharma.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 8th October 2020 at 1700
Telephone/Zoom interview: Monday 12th or Tuesday 13th October
Face to face interview (for selected candidates): Thursday 15th or Friday 16th October 2020*
*There will be two interviewers and social distancing will be maintained during the face to face interview at our office, 65 London Wall, EC2M 5TU.