Debates around Black Lives Matter, mass remote working, inequality in our education system exposed by Covid-19 restrictions and debates about privilege – our society and our world of work is very clearly at a turning point.
As a social mobility charity, The Brokerage is in the fortunate position to influence that change in a positive, practical and meaningful way, working with underprivileged young people from state schools. We partner with corporates in the City (financial and professional services) that want our help with building and accessing a different talent pool and change organisational practices to create a post-inclusion culture where people from all backgrounds can thrive and be themselves.
The Brokerage is at a critical and dynamic point having recently launched a strategic re-direction, innovative new services and a relevant new brand, all supporting our vision of a world where a young person’s ability and aspiration alone determine their career path. At the heart of this exciting new direction is implementing our new partnership model to ensure that The Brokerage is both re-positioned as a Changemaker with corporates and ensures sustainable funding of its activities.
To achieve this The Brokerage is currently recruiting for a Placement & Recruitment Manager to lead the ‘Placement’ strand of our delivery, working closely with the Partnerships Team and wider programme delivery team to manage all entry-level recruitment with our corporate partners. This role will primarily focus on the management and delivery of our Year 12 and Year 13, and undergraduate placements. The postholder will be responsible for selection and preparing suitable candidates for our corporate partners from the Brokerage’s candidate cohort. It will also act as an expert advisor to our corporate partners on what works in terms of recruiting young people from diverse backgrounds.
- To manage The Brokerage's Summer Placement Programme ensuring there is a match between supply and demand, working closely with the partnerships team
- To develop and implement a virtual internship programme as an integrated option and alternative to our face to face placement programmes
- To work closely with the Outreach and Academy Manager to ensure that there is a pool of suitable candidates for placements and recruitment and manage all our support workshops and one to one sessions for candidates (e.g. CV, interview and assement centre prep)
- Work with the Outreach manager to develop, test and pilot new ways to assess talent that go beyond looking at grades and advise/work with our corporate partners to implement these
- Produce cutting edge guidance for our corporate partners working with the Corporate Changemaker Manager, e.g. employer guides and produce external thought pieces and research
- Manage, develop and run “Into-work” type of conferences (recruitment fairs with corporate partners) in collaboration with colleagues in the delivery and partnerships team
- Provide support and coaching to our candidates during recruitment processes and vice versa support partners with designing recruitment systems that work for our candidates working closely with the corporate consultancy manager
- To deliver a high quality placement service to employers which will meet their recruitment needs.
- Manage the development of our new apprenticeships offering, working with the selected training provider and the partnerships team
- To proactively support the Marketing and Communications Manager with case study and other materials
- To play an active role in the planning and delivery of The Brokerage’s strategic objectives and participate in The Brokerage events and activities as required.
- Experience of placing young people into paid job opportunities, including school-leaver, apprenticeships and undergraduate vacancies.
- Experience and understanding of the whole recruitment cycle
- Experience of working directly with young people.
- Experience of working in partnership with corporate partners.
- Highly organised with an ability to track multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including demonstrable usage of the Microsoft Office suite, CRM database (e.g. Salesforce or equivalent).
7% pension contribution
25 days’ paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
2 days’ paid volunteering leave
Season ticket loan and a range of other staff benefits
Please apply by submitting a Cover Letter and CV by 0900 on Monday 2 November
Interview - dates tbc