The Bureau was established in 1979 as a volunteer centre with the needs and rights of both local people and our volunteers are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing solutions that can be delivered through effective voluntary action and partnership working. Over the last 20 years The Bureau has grown and evolved, in line with the changing needs and wants of local people. We have moved on from being ‘just’ a volunteer centre and now offer a range of different services including:
A rare opportunity has arisen, and we are seeking to appoint a new Chief Officer to build on our successes and lead our well established and thriving community wellbeing charity. Our aim is to create opportunities that enable people and communities to take action that makes positive social change and community benefit whilst improving quality of life for local people, all underpinned by our core values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate must have sound leadership skills, be a strategic thinker and have financial and budget management experience. You will be a confident and passionate communicator, with an ability to create positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The charity continues to thrive, building on its success to date, delivering quality support to the people of Glossopdale.
- The charity conforms with Charity Commission and Companies House requirements.
- The charity operates to its own policies, standards and values.
- The charity is staffed at all times by properly trained workers who provide a high quality of service to the public.
- Proper administrative systems are maintained.
- The charity maintains appropriate liaison with other local statutory and voluntary agencies, professional bodies and the community of Glossopdale.
- Opportunities for development are identified and progressed and forward planning is undertaken to ensure that the charity responds to local needs;
- The Trustee Board is able to fulfil its role through the provision of information, consultation, and policy recommendations.
- The vision and culture of the organisation is strengthened and developed through strong leadership.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.