Who are we? We are lived experience leaders who engage, inspire and support transformation for children's services in the UK.
Please read the job requirements below and if you think you'd be a great fit, let us know! We at The Care Leaders are looking forward to hearing from you.
Main purpose of the role:
This role is a great opportunity for an aspiring project manager who is enjoying working in a fast-paced start up environment.
The role will focus on:
Supporting the delivery of The Care Leaders’s projects and initiating and delivering new activities, in accordance with the objectives of the organisation.
Supporting the work of the Director of Strategy, including by providing administrative support.
· Management of administration of consultancy projects, including updating project plans, minuting meetings, diary management.
· Event management for Online Conferencing, using event bright and Microsoft Teams/Zoom.
· Communication with stakeholders, clients and enquiries.
· Sending invoices, making payments and updating spreadsheets.
· Manage project specific budgets, creating a reporting system for staff to send in expenses and update project budgets
· Updating the project management tool (such as Asana).
· Maintain and further develop good working relationships and effective communication with the organisation’s stakeholders, ensuring that their needs are understood, and appropriate support provided.
· Manage the Director of Strategy’s diary, maintaining a realistic and manageable diary by assessing the priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
· Manage the Director of Strategy’s travel arrangements as required.
· Screen enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate, including responding to general enquiries on behalf of the Director of Strategy.
· Assist the Director of Strategy in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Director of Strategy’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action etc.
· Produce and/or proofread documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Director of Strategy as required.
· Preliminary drafting of correspondence on the Director of Strategy's behalf.
· Send invoices to clients.
· Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
· Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Director of Strategy.
- Excellent project management skills;
- Must be self-efficient, manage their own time, set deadlines and goals;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Must have experience with Online project management tools such as Asana;
- Experience of working on cross-functional projects using a variety of project management approaches;
- Experience of working on multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously;
- Experience of electronic diary management;
- Experience with Eventbrite;
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Admin Centre;
- Experience with online accounting software ‘Xero’ or willing to learn, send out invoices;
- Experience with producing project reports and timelines, forms and surveys in Google forms format;
- Experience organising events, including online events;
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Outlook365, including Teams, Sharepoint, and Onedrive;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Confident communicator;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask;
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative;
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise;
- Tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to organise and plan own work;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts;
- Excellent time management;
- Appropriate level of data protection awareness or willing to learn.
- PRINCE 2 certified or equivalent;
- Familiar with project management platform Asana;
- Familiar with Zoom and Google Meets;
- Familiar with generating project metrics;
- Experience with social media management (e.g. Hootsuite);
- Experience with iWork (Keynote, Pages);
- Experience working on projects in the public sector, in general, and children’s services, in particular.
Director of Strategy
£25,000 - £27,000 per annum depending on experience
Home. Some travel to our office in Oxford may be required.
Full time, fixed-term contract 12 months
The Care Leaders is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and all backgrounds. The Care Leaders encourages applications from candidates with personal experience in foster care.
All applicants are treated equally and selected on the basis of individual merit and ability to meet the requirements of the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.