The Care Workers' Charity is immediately looking for temporary, full-time admin support with its COVID-19 emergency grants. The role will work on a rolling month basis and the charity is currently working remotely as per government guidelines. The Care Workers Charity (CWC) supports the basic welfare of current, former and retired care workers through hardship grants, online information and advice, and salary stretching offers on everyday living.
There are nearly 2 million care workers in the UK, contributing to one of Britain’s largest workforces, and caring for some of the most vulnerable people in our society. Early starts, long hours, mentally draining work; it’s all part of the job, but add an injury, illness or other unforeseen circumstance and all too easily care workers can be pushed beyond their financial limits. The good people of the care sector make a massive contribution to people’s everyday lives. The Care Workers Charity helps them on their rainy day. We believe no care worker should ever face financial hardship alone.
Your role will be pivotal to the growth and success of the charity. Reporting to the Grants Manager as part of a small team, you will have the essential role of supporting the grant giving programme including database input and maintenance, correspondence with applicants and third parties, ensuring that supporting documents are up to date and in good order, and dealing with enquiries and initial grant applications.
The successful candidate will have office management experience, preferably within the charity sector and ideally with a grant making organisation. S/he will be self-motivated and able to work independently, be a good communicator in writing and have a friendly and diplomatic telephone manner. S/he will be encouraged to consolidate relationships with other relevant charities to expand our support offering.
Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (in particular MS Excel) and use of databases. The CWC uses Salesforce and candidates with knowledge of the SF are encouraged to apply. An affinity for the work of the Care Workers Charity and a regard for the needs of others will also be important.
- To provide support for the Charity’s Covid-19 Emergency Response Grant in the immediate future
- To provide general administrative support for the Charity
The day-to-day: Grants programme support
- To answer any queries relating to grants, and be the day to day contact for applicants
- To assess grant applications through the online system, working with the Services Manager as necessary, including background research into applicants where necessary
- To maintain an efficient filing system and database of beneficiaries ensuring the systems comply with data protection legislation and to handle sensitive and legal data appropriately
- To prepare a monthly report with all qualified applications and your recommendations for approval for the Grants Manager and Executive Director
- To coordinate the grants follow-up from Board decision, including preparing and sending offer and rejection letters
- To issue impact measurement questionnaires and collate results
- To ensure that grants information on the website is kept up to date, and work with the Grants Manager on case studies
- Build relationships with other charities in the sector to inform and refer unsuitable candidates if possible
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have an interest in, and commitment to, our cause with a can/will do attitude
- Have an understanding and knowledge of UK Benefits system
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have high attention to detail particularly for assessment and administration of benefits and record keeping
- Manage workload to deadlines
- Be adept at people management and have discretion when dealing with sensitive materials
- Have experience in using MS Excel and Salesforce
In return, we are offering:
- An attractive salary
- A friendly and flexible work culture
Hours of work:
- 0900 – 1730 (one hour for lunch)
- Some flexibility of working hours may be required in accordance with the needs of the charity
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.