Established in 2004, the Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is an independent think tank that studies the root causes of Britain’s social problems and seeks to address these through innovative policy recommendations to government. The CSJ has changed the landscape of our political conversation by putting social justice at the heart of British politics. This has led to some of the biggest welfare reforms in a generation. The majority of the CSJ’s work is organised around five ‘pathways to poverty’, first identified in our ground-breaking 2007 report, Breakthrough Britain. These are: family breakdown; educational failure; economic dependency and worklessness; addiction to drugs and alcohol; and severe personal debt.
The CSJ is looking for an experienced and ambitious senior fundraiser, with a proven track record of delivering sustainable growth to work in our busy Westminster office. Leading and developing a small team, you will be at the forefront of engaging a range of new donors, securing income against targets, raising the profile of our work, including the newly formed CSJ Foundation, and maintaining and stewarding existing supporters.
• Significant experience in high value fundraising (working with Philanthropists, Corporates and Trusts and Foundations), preferably in the political and/or charitable sectors;
• A proven track record of soliciting six and seven figure donations;
• Experience of engaging and influencing high-profile and high-net-worth individuals and organisations;
• Experience of managing and developing staff and leading teams;
• A strong interest in current affairs, politics and the social justice agenda;
• High level communications skills and experience with public speaking;
• A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism;
• A team player with initiative and a positive “can do” attitude;
• Well-organised, discrete, and with a high degree of personal integrity.