Established in 2004, the Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is an independent think tank that studies the root causes of Britain’s social problems and seeks to address these through innovative policy recommendations to government. The CSJ has changed the landscape of our political conversation by putting social justice at the heart of British politics. This has led to some of the biggest welfare reforms in a generation. The majority of the CSJ’s work is organised around five ‘pathways to poverty’, first identified in our ground-breaking 2007 report, Breakthrough Britain. These are: family breakdown; educational failure; economic dependency and worklessness; addiction to drugs and alcohol; and severe personal debt.
The CSJ is looking for an exceptional and ambitious fundraiser to work in our busy Westminster office. Working as part of a small team, you will be at the forefront, engaging a range of new donors, securing income against targets, raising the profile of our work and supporting other team members to maintain, grow and steward supporters.
• Significant experience in high value fundraising (working with Philanthropists, Corporates and Trusts and Foundations), preferably in the political and/or charitable sectors;
• A proven track record of soliciting five or six figure donations;
• Experience of engaging and influencing high-profile and high-net-worth individuals and organisations;
• A strong interest in current affairs, politics and the social justice agenda;
• High level communications skills and experience with public speaking;
• A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism;
• A team player with initiative and a positive “can do” attitude;
• Well-organised, discrete, and with a high degree of personal integrity.
• Taking a leading role in delivering the CSJ’s fundraising strategy;
• Increasing the number and range of supporters through prospecting, donation solicitation and the securing of new relationships.;
• Contributing to and implementing strategies to secure donations from existing and new major donors on a multi-year basis;
• Maintaining meticulous records of all fundraising activities on the CSJ’s CRM database (Salesforce);
• Drafting fundraising proposals, impact reports and related donor facing correspondence;
• Ensuring that exceptional relationship management characterises all fundraising work and impact reporting is communicated to relevant donors at all times.
• Being an ambassador for the CSJ to key external stakeholders;
• Helping deliver fundraising events;
• Producing financial up-dates and analysis for the CSJ senior team;
• Other duties that arise from time to time.