The Centre for Transforming Access and Student Outcomes (TASO) is an affiliate What Works Centre, and part of the UK Government’s What Works Movement. Our vision is to eliminate equality gaps in higher education (HE). Our mission is to improve lives through evidence-informed practice.
TASO was set up in 2019 within King’s College London and became an independent charity on 1 April 2021. Our work focuses on the generation, synthesis and dissemination of high-quality evidence about effective practice in widening participation and student outcomes. We primarily focus on developing and disseminating causal evidence (categorised as type 3 in the Office for Students’ Standard of Evidence).
The Communications Assistant will support the implementation of TASO’s communications strategy to raise the profile of the organisation with external stakeholders. This will involve supporting the Communications Manager to develop a diverse range of external-facing materials, a vibrant social media presence, along with coordinating events and managing TASO’s media administration.
This comes at an exciting time of growth for TASO as it looks to consolidate its position as a leading independent voice in the HE and widening participation sector, expand its research output and increase awareness and engagement among a range of stakeholder groups.
Specific tasks will include but not be limited to:
● Providing support to the Communications Manager on the implementation of TASO’s communications and stakeholder engagement strategy.
● Supporting the design and dissemination of innovative and engaging communications,including the publication of research, liaising with external stakeholders, editing, and proofreading content.
● Coordinating the logistics and administration of engagement events – booking venues,catering, managing invitations and registrations, coordinating webinars and online workshops.
● Assisting with media administration – compiling media clips, building press lists, writing internal briefings, and identifying potential media opportunities.
● Assisting with the creation of multimedia content, such as graphics, podcasts, gifs,videos.
● Collating monthly digital analytics for website, social channels, media coverage and newsletter.
● Assisting with simple website content updates and community management of socialmedia channels, in partnership with other relevant workstreams.
● Drafting copy for a wide range of external audiences.
● Undertaking projects and duties as required or requested by the CommunicationsManager.
● Carrying out desk research relating to communications activities and projects, and keeping up to date with topical HE sector issues which have pertinence to TASO communications.
Initial Terms and Conditions of Appointment
• Remuneration: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum - depending on experience
• Location: Central London. Scope to work from home up to 2 days per week. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
• Term: Permanent. We welcome responses from either full-time or part-time applicants.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and supporting statement (maximum 2 A4 pages) outlining clearlyhow you meet the above criteria, citing “Communications Assistant” in the subject of the email.
Deadline for applications: 5pm Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Interviews are scheduled to take place throughout the day on Wednesday 29th September 2021. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive and the size of our team, we are unable to respond to applicants unless they are shortlisted for an interview