The Communications Manager (12-month maternity leave contract) will lead TASO’s communications strategy to raise the profile of the organisation with external stakeholders. This will involve managing and coordinating communications activities, leading on the development of external-facing materials, ensuring a vibrant social media presence and running events.
The role is suited to an individual who is used to working in a small, dynamic team and who is highly motivated by social impact.
- With the Director, ensure a strategic and effective approach to communications, dissemination and stakeholder engagement.
- Lead on the design and dissemination of innovative and engaging communications – both print and online.
- Take overall responsibility for TASO’s online and social media presence. This role involves working with the Communications Assistant on the creation, upkeep and management of content, and analysis of statistics in order to make recommendations for development.
- Draft press releases and news stories for the website, liaising with journalists as appropriate.
- Plan and deliver a programme of stakeholder engagement events for a wide range of audiences. The events will range from small training sessions to larger events including an annual conference.
- Lead on all communications activities associated with TASO events.
- Provide line management for a Communications Assistant who will support all communications activities.
- Undertake projects and duties as required or requested by the Director of TASO.
- This is a full-time role (35 hours per week)
- Central London. Occasional travel around England is a requirement of the post. At present working from home due to the pandemic.
- 12-month fixed-term maternity leave contract
- This role reports to the Director of TASO.
- This role is not a public appointment.
Equality and diversity
TASO welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in our workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
To apply, please send your CV and a supporting statement outlining clearly how you meet the above criteria with ‘Communications Manager’ in the subject of the email.
Interviews will take place on Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 May 2021.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.