Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
NCS Graduate Coordinator
Start date: March 2018
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
National Citizen Service (NCS) is an intense programme available to all 15-17 year olds, designed to develop key skills and inspire young people to take on more active roles in their communities.
The Challenge is the largest provider of NCS. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. In 2017 we delivered the NCS programme to over 30,000 young people.
Our graduate programmes will continue to engage thousands of NCS graduates and other young people in opportunities to build on their NCS experience and get further involved in impacting their communities and improving integration.
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic and organised individual who is passionate about young people making a difference in their community. This colleague will join our NCS Graduates Team, playing a key role in supporting our local NCS graduate programmes.
The NCS Graduate Coordinator will work with other members of our NCS Graduate Team, such as Graduate Programme Associate Manages and a Regional Graduate Programme Manager to support set up, delivery and monitoring of activities for young people who have graduated from NCS with The Challenge.
Please note that there will be some travel expectations as part of this role.
● Events & Logistics: Support logistical planning including liaising with transport providers, food delivery, and other event planning functions. Support planning and delivery of NCS Graduate reunions, nationally coordinated social action days and other events.
● NCS Graduate Programme Delivery: Work with local organisations to support NCS Graduate engagement with opportunities to develop their skills and make a positive impact on communities.
● Monitoring & reporting: Complete required monitoring on activities to support managers’ production of management information and in line with data protection and other best practice.
● Communications & marketing: Contribute to content generation and management for social media platforms and other digital communications.
● Community working: Create and maintain local partnerships which facilitate opportunities for young people to make a difference to their local community. Develop local networks of engaged graduates to deliver meaningful projects.
● Safeguarding and Health & Safety: Ensure the NCS Graduate programme is appropriately risk assessed, and delivered in line with organisation policy, relevant legal frameworks and health & safety best practice.
We are looking for an exceptional individual with the following qualities:
● Events & Logistics: A record of supporting the delivery of, or managing events or projects in either a paid, voluntary or training capacity
● Youth-work Leadership: Experience of working directly with / leading groups of young people; ideally within the 16 – 19 age range
● Creative Community Engagement: Experience of working with community groups in either a paid, voluntary or training capacity.
● People skills: Ability to give very good first impression and form effective relationships with partners; able to work collaboratively.
● Character: Interest in building stronger communities and seeing change in society. Strikingly positive attitude and integrity. Strives for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully, learning from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best.
● Experience of using SalesForce CRM platform
● Working knowledge of the NCS, gained through previous employment on, or participation in the programme
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.