Head of HR
Full Time | Part Time considered (minimum 4 days per week)
c. £55,000 per annum
Based in Cheam, Surrey
The vision of The Charity for Civil Servants is a lifelong community; people offering effective support for each other when life takes a turn for the worse.
The Charity for Civil Servants’ mission is to support all civil servants, past and present, throughout their lives, with whatever problems they may have. They listen without judgement and offer practical, financial and emotional support.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join the Charity’s HR team and lead the development, implementation and delivery of the overall people strategy. You will be working with the Chief Executive and other Directors as the expert advisor, proposing and driving innovation and change in our people approach.
The role will be responsible for all HR functions including reward and compensation practices, pension, employee relations, inclusion and diversity.
Key skills and responsibilities:
- You will be leading the HR function, ensuring that compliance with all obligations in respect of employment
- You will be responsible for providing strategic guidance and leadership of the HR team
- You will lead for the Charity on all pension matters keeping up to date with all changes
- You will be contributing to our commitment to learning and development, ensuring both are delivered across the organisation
- You will be able to manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinary situations, grievances and redundancy.
What we are looking for:
- CIPD qualification or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive awareness of current HR legal developments and changes
- Strategic perspective with the experience and expertise to plan, develop and deliver creative HR strategies
- Strong relationship builder and team player with great influencing and facilitation skills
- Experience of managing significant organisational and cultural change.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday, 10th July.
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th July.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the job description and complete your application for this position.
The Charity for Civil Servants are committed to building and developing a workforce which reflects the diversity of the civil service community that we support. We seek to ensure all job applications are treated fairly, with respect and without bias and we encourage applications from suitably experienced candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, or any other factor.
Strictly no agencies please.