The Finance Assistant is responsible for all aspects of the purchase and sales ledger for both the charity and enterprise functions, for the processing of invoices through to payment runs and supplier statement reconciliations. They will be responsible for all balance sheet reconciliations including monthly bank reconciliations.
They will support the Finance Director with VAT returns and cash flow analysis and management. They will work with budget holders to provide analysis and insight linking financial reporting to business performance, including leading on compilation of the key performance indicators and monthly management accounts and reports. They will support the year end processes and annual audit.
The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Director. The Finance Director in turn reports to the Director.
Key areas of responsibility
- Code, process and input onto Sage all purchase invoices
- Ensure payment of invoices within company terms
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure invoices are approved for payment
- Reconcile, code and post credit card statements
- Post cash and credit card receipts from visitor, retail and other sales points
- Code and post customer sales invoices
- Review debit balances on the debtors report and issue statements and chase debtors
- Prepare banking as required
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and investigate and report any discrepancies
- Finance and general administration including supporting reception and front of house colleagues, answering calls and greeting visitors. Providing administrative support to members of staff as and when required
- In collaboration with the Finance Director lead on completion of month end processes and prepare the management reports and budget holder reports
- Assist with preparing the annual budget reports and schedules for the Director and budget holders
- Assist with generating reports to support grant applications and reporting and financial analysis to support fundraising
- Assist with generating reports for defined purpose funds for budget holders and fundraising
- Assist with generating the quarterly VAT reports and return
- Assist with preparing year end reports and schedules for audit purposes
- Report any suspected or actual financial discrepancies or irregularities to the Finance Director or in their absence the Director immediately.
The key duties and responsibilities are indicative not exhaustive.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 21 July 2022.