The National Fire Chiefs Council is looking for a highly motivated Project Administrator to join its busy Portfolio Office on a secondment or fixed term contract. The Portfolio Office currently has several national change programmes in flight delivering improvement products and guidance to the UK fire and rescue service.
This post plays an important role in the delivery of programmes coordinated by the Portfolio Office on behalf of the NFCC. The post holder will support those leading programmes of work in the coordination of programme level activities and be responsible for coordinating Project and Programme activities to drive delivery forward.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative Support
- To provide administrative support as required.
- To work with minimal supervision and to have a flexible approach to work in a busy working environment.
- To plan and organise work to ensure that both routine and unexpected tasks are completed promptly. Report anticipated difficulties in meeting deadlines to the appropriate person.
- To coordinate and organise meetings, workshops and events including the arrangement of venues, travel and accommodation, where appropriate.
- Attend programme and project meetings and support them by preparing and circulating report packs, taking minutes, logging decisions and actions and tracking the completion of agreed actions.
- To maintain records and make these available as necessary, either on a regular basis or in response to special requests.
- Managing documents and files in the SharePoint environment ensuring the Information Management framework is implemented.
- To monitor e-mails and any other communications and promptly and efficiently prepare responses or direct them to relevant responders, passing on information as necessary.
- To undertake basic research on a range of issues, as directed, and to provide summaries of findings to team members and senior managers, where required.
- To produce standard correspondence on a range of issues and ensure the accuracy of the information to individuals prior to dispatch.
- To be responsible for raising Purchase Orders (PO) forms.
- Support the coordination of consultations required by the programme and its projects and support the processing of responses.
- Support the programme assurance process by compiling information and evidence and ensuring that it is made available, and in the correct format, to both internal and external quality assurance officers or consultants.
- Ensure CPO systems and processes are embedded and applied correctly within the programme and across the projects its responsible for.
- Create innovative solutions when developing or reviewing administrative procedures.
- Development and maintenance of a Financial tracker for all spend in the business unit.
- To create and maintain effective working relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels, stakeholders and with representatives of external organisations.
- To take accurate messages for other members of staff and pass them on quickly and efficiently.
- Also pass on any other essential information to colleagues in the same way.