Schools Programme Manager
The Children’s Literacy Charity is a registered charity working alongside pupils who struggle to read and write. Our vision is to close the literacy gap for all disadvantaged children, enabling them to achieve their true potential.
We are looking for a Schools Programme Manager to cover a cohort of Literacy Labs based in London. The role is part-time, 3 days a week, term-time only (for a fixed term until the end of the academic year with the potential to go permanent).
You will have operational responsibility for the running and quality assurance of the Literacy Labs, and will work in close partnership with the school staff alongside our Education team to contribute to the continuous improvement of the charity’s school-based educational provision.
The ideal applicant will have/be:
· Experience of teaching and/or tutoring primary school children with literacy difficulties with qualified teacher status
· Experience of working in a primary school setting
· Experience of supervising staff including observing lessons and giving feedback, appraisals and delivering informal training
· A broad understanding of the education environment, in particular with regard to literacy acquisition in primary schools
· Proactive, self-starter who enjoys working under their own initiative.
· A positive, can do, and motivating leadership style
· Highly developed presentation skills
· Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage a varied and significant workload
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: able to relate and communicate with confidence and professionalism to a wide range of stakeholders
· Administratively self-sufficient and competent in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
The rate of pay is £17,100 for 3 days per week, based on a FTE of £28,500. The role is hybrid between our schools in London, home and occasional visits to our main office in SE16.
Interviews will likely be held w/c 27th November 2023, however we may decide to interview as applications come in.
You can also find information on our Safer Recruitment Policy on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.