An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Site Logistics Operative to join the Estates team.
As Site Logistics Operative, you will be responsible for providing an exceptional logistical service across the Tadworth Court site, ensuring that all duties/tasks are carried out whilst maintaining a safe working environment and following safe working practices.
The role holder is expected to participate in a shift rota, which is applicable to all Site Logistics Operatives. Each role holder will be required to work Saturdays and Sundays in line with the team’s rota. As part of the site services team, the role holder will be expected to liaise with managers and staff across the Trust and where appropriate assist in works as and when required to do so.
Duties & Responsibilties include:
Goods Inwards & Distribution:
- Responsible for goods inwards process, ensuring that all deliveries/goods (including stock, cleaning materials & pharmaceutical goods) to site are received, logged and tracked to point of delivery within the specified periods in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for maintaining stock levels in stores and residential houses, ensuring accurate record keeping is developed and maintained.
- Ensure stock are stored and handled appropriately and correctly rotated.
- Maintain accurate records on line of stock levels and goods returned to supplier using excel as required.
- Responsible for the delivery of prepared food as required, including the delivery & collections of food trolleys twice a day.
- As required respond to requests for oxygen refill replacements within 1 hour of receiving requests.
- Being part of the team making deliveries across site as required.
- Responsible for the collection and safe disposal of waste to the appropriate containers– including clinical waste across site (including sharp bins) according to site schedules in place in a timely and effective manner.
- Collection of soiled laundry to central laundry and delivery of clean laundry to all designated areas is completed in an efficient and timely manner, ensuring that any issues are highlight to the Housekeeping Lead and/or helpdesk.
- Responsible for updating the Helpdesk/Line Manager with relevant updates to the work order and liaising with Helpdesk regarding updates.
- Responsible for completing work orders allocated to the role holder and returning the completed work orders to the Helpdesk (see the Site Logistics Collection & Completion of Work Orders process)
Transport / Site Vehicles:
- Responsible for ensuring that fleet vehicles are clean and ready for use, carrying out basic safety checks on a regular basis.
- Responsible for recharging buggy/tug overnight and carrying out basic safety checks.
- When using buggy/tug ensure that all safety measures/features are taken as available.
- Ensure that when loading/unloading buggy/tug that all aspects of manual handling are considered and that no over-loading takes place.
Health & Safety:
- Proactively helping to maintain a clean and tidy site
- Removing debris from site in a safe manner
- Always wearing PPE provided (as appropriate for task)
- Ensure that the Health & Safety of others and yourself are taken into consideration when performing all tasks/duties, whilst around site.
You will need to have a can do attitude and proactive approach to work is essential. An understanding of Health & Safety policies in the work place as well an awareness of infection control procedures is desirable
This is a chance for an outstanding candidate to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of thousands of children and families.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.