About the Role:
We are looking for a hands-on Community and Events Fundraising Assistant to support the Community and Events Manager with an engaging fundraising programme. This role could suit someone with some experience in community fundraising or perhaps someone who has a relevant qualification in events or fundraising and is looking for that first step into charity fundraising.
The role includes a wide range of fundraising activities; collections, sponsored and ticketed events, creating and supporting fundraising groups, as well as supporting local groups and individuals organising events and activities on behalf of the Chilterns MS Centre.
Additionally, this role will provide database administration support across the whole fundraising team including the thanking process for all individual donations.
The right candidate will provide excellent donor care for all fundraising activities, develop productive and lasting relationships with the community and convert them into loyal supporters.
The role is located at the Chilterns MS Centre in Wendover, but some remote working will be considered. Occasional evening or weekend work to support local events may be required.
What you will bring to us
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm to develop strong long-term relationships with community groups and individuals to increase awareness, support and donated income.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to work in a small team and autonomously when required
- Knowledge of community fundraising and/or experience in organising events
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- To contribute to agreed income targets across all community & events fundraising activities.
- With guidance from the Community and Events Manager, this ensure a minimum ROI of 2:1 for all fundraising activities with the ambition of 3:1 by 2023.
- To ensure that all activities are cost effective as possible, monitoring expenditure to ensure the best possible ROI and profit.
- To recruit and develop strong long-term relationships with community groups, schools, sports clubs and individuals to increase awareness, support and donated income.
- To effectively manage key fundraising volunteers to deliver income and attend activities.
- To work with the Communications Manager to produce marketing plans that ensure online and offline media coverage and newsletter content with the appropriate call to action for community fundraising activities and events, with a particular focus on facebook donations
- Implement a high level of donor care to maximise fundraising potential and encourage long-term support.
- To produce copy for, and assist in, the development of any promotional materials required
Communicate with a wide range of supporters and stakeholders, where necessary effectively solving and managing difficult situations.
- Mass mailings and individual thanking on a monthly basis through our fundraising database
Planning and Organisation
- To use the fundraising database, to effectively administer and manage fundraising activities.
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures in reaction to unexpected incidents at community fundraising events e.g injured participant.
- To be physically active in setting up and taking down at events and community fundraising activities, including long periods of time of standing and occasional support at events over evenings and weekends.
- To arrange appropriate Chilterns MS Centre attendance at events organised in the local community when required.
- Consult and support volunteers on producing materials and support needed for their event/ activity, within the constraints of our limited resources
- Be responsible for sourcing, displaying and the sales of merchandise including cards, gifts and eBay.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.