Development Manager (major donor and corporate fundraising)
Are you an experienced fundraiser looking to use your passion and expertise to support impactful arts activities involving people with experience of homelessness? Experience of implementing successful major giving and corporate income programmes? Want to be part of a dynamic, ambitious, joyful organisation? Then this could be the role for you!
The Choir with No Name (CWNN) has been building supportive choir communities with homeless and marginalised people since 2008. We were founded on the premise that singing makes you feel good; it distracts you from all the nonsense in life and helps you build confidence, skills and genuine, long-lasting friendships.
“I’m so happy to have found CWNN. It’s made such a difference to me. I’ve broken a 25-year cycle with drugs and honestly, I don’t think I could have done it without the choir. I’m not existing anymore, I’m living, and that’s huge.”
- Richard, choir member
We are at an exciting stage as an organisation with an ambitious 10-year strategy to increase our choirs from six to thirty by 2033, so we are investing in our fundraising team to grow our income in line with our bold strategy and plans.
Reporting to the Head of Development, the Development Manager will take an active role in building a robust and sustainable major donor and corporate fundraising programme to help us expand our work across the UK over the coming years. They will work closely with the Head of Development to establish new and exciting partnerships with high-net-worth individuals and companies who align with our values, to grow income sustainably and guarantee the long-term stability of the organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and firmly believe that each team member can provide a unique perspective and valuable contribution to the lives of the people we work with, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnicity, religion or belief. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness. We follow an anonymous recruitment process.
- Reports to: Head of Development
- Contract: 2-year fixed term contract with potential to extend
- Hours: Part time, minimum 15 hours to max 25 hours a week, flexible and compressed hours possible.
- Location: Remote, with colleagues in London, Colchester and Sheffield. Must be UK resident/taxpayer.
- Annual leave: 25 days per year pro rata (rising with length of service) + UK bank holidays
- Salary: £33,500 to £36,000 (dependent on experience).
- Benefits: 6% employer contribution pension, Employee Assistance Programme, home working allowance, flexible hours
Major Donor Fundraising
- Proactively research, identify, and develop support from high-net-worth individuals.
- Manage a portfolio of philanthropy partners, building our income from major donors and developing a long-term major donor strategy.
- Plan and participate in engaging cultivation events, fostering strong donor relationships.
- Build and nurture strong partnerships with companies of all sizes, taking a proactive approach to ensure mutually beneficial partnerships nationally and locally in our choir cities.
- Securing gig sponsorship and Charity of the Year partnerships, both on a national and local level.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate partners of all sizes, building our income from businesses and developing a successful long-term strategy for securing financial, pro bono and in-kind support.
- Develop long-term relationships with companies and senior business people for the Choir with No Name
- Develop our workplace singing workshop programme into a sustainable self-earned revenue stream
- Contribute to the annual fundraising strategy, alongside the Head of Development and CEO.
- Develop a robust fundraising pipeline and stewardship plan to generate sustainable income in line with our targets and strategy.
- Produce accurate and timely reports for funders and Trustees.
- Ensure donation data is accurately recorded in accordance with data protection regulations.
- Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Choir with No Name within the scope of the role.
- Demonstrable experience securing and stewarding high-value relationships with supporters.
- Demonstrable experience cultivating, securing and managing successful corporate partnerships.
- Proven success in achieving challenging fundraising targets and meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to produce high quality reports & narratives
- Excellent presentation/pitching skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across a dispersed team.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to work effectively using MS 365 products
- Experience using a CRM system/donor database
- A strong understanding of legal and best practice fundraising requirements
- Love networking, relationship building and have an eye for opportunity.
- Ability to work well with a board of trustees and respective sub-committees.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences – as comfortable pitching to a team of corporate partners as you are talking about our fundraising with our choir members.
- A self-starter who can work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Results driven.
- Good at managing priorities and remaining calm under pressure.
- Consistently work with integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent at creative problem solving and a positive can-do attitude.
- A desire to be part of a committed and hardworking team working in alignment with the values of the Choir with No Name.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- A good sense of humour!
- A love for music and singing is a bonus!
Deadline for applications is 9am Friday 6th January 2024
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.