Are you looking for an opportunity to use your professional experience whilst serving in a Christian environment? In the top 2% of UK charities, The Christian Conference Trust is a leading provider of residential ministry, serving hundreds of churches and Christian organisations across the UK. Following the recent appointment of a dynamic new Chief Executive, we want to strengthen our senior leadership team with executive appointments in Marketing and Estates. We are looking for passionate, high-calibre individuals with the breadth of skills and experience to lead these two directorates, setting the standard in the next chapter of Christian conferencing.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will develop and lead an industry leading multi-site estate with full responsibility for all aspects of CCT’s strategic premises operation and development, ensuring a safe and secure environment for staff and guests, and first-class guest experience.
- Develop and implement an estates strategy across three conference centre sites which will allow CCT to meet the current and changing needs of guests
- Overall responsibility for CCT’s health and safety environment, training, culture, systems and reporting
- Liaise with centre heads of maintenance to oversee CCT’s day-to-day, annual and strategic maintenance plan; with particular focus on developing systems for preventative maintenance
- Develop a culture of excellence in estates operation and management, undertaking regular site inspections with departmental maintenance heads
- Executive responsibility for the delivery of CCT’s major capital investment, renewal and refurbishments, including supplier tender, negotiation, selection and management on site
- Identify, develop and implement sustainable, environmentally friendly systems and processes in the estates strategy
- Efficient, effective and ethical procurement of Goods-Not-For-Resale (GNFR) across CCT and acting as Account Director for GNFR supply contracts
- Act as CCT’s lead contact with the Health & Safety Executive, Public Health England, the Environmental Health Officer and fire and rescue service
- Overall responsibility for CCT’s IT environment, support, development and resilience.
- Work as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team working closely with colleagues to ensure alignment of strategies, plans and activities
- Act as a guardian of CCT’s Christian ethos; clearly and sensitively articulating our mission, vision and values to an audience of all faiths and none
- Attend and present at the Board’s quarterly Estates Committee and other Board events
This role has an Occupational Requirement under the religious ethos exception of the Equality Act 2010 that the post holder is a Christian who can endorse CCT’s trinitarian statement of faith.
- Experience of managing large multi-site estates, ideally with residential accommodation
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunities in the development and implementation of estates strategy and demonstrable track record of setting and executing these strategies
- Previous experience of managing health and safety within a multi-site estate organisation, ideally with residential accommodation
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with risk management systems
- Financially literate and commercially savvy, previous experience of developing and managing capital and revenue budgets
- Personable and approachable with the ability to quickly earn and build trust and respect and engage all stakeholders.
- Experience of working as part of a senior leadership team
- Able and comfortable operating at executive level and at grass-roots
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Team player
- Experience of building and developing teams
- Ability to inspire, motivate, coach, develop, and empower staff to achieve results within a changing environment
- Well-developed IT skills including practical experience of using facilities/maintenance management software and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Creative approach and can-do attitude to problem solving
- Previous experience of working in hotel or conference sector, managing corporate liability and developing carbon reduction and energy management systems would be beneficial, as would knowledge of farming and land management
- IWFM level 6 or above or a degree in a relevant estates related discipline or equivalent, and chartered status would also be advantageous
Further details and applications:
If you would like further information about the opportunity, please contact Joanne Wurpillot at Integra HR Ltd. for an initial discussion. If you would like to apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter online by 9am Monday 30th September 2019. Please be aware that your application and the personal details you provide in it will be shared and processed by both CCT and Integra HR Ltd. (for a copy of Integra HR Ltd.’s privacy notice, please contact Joanne).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.